Bluetooth stops working - SABRENT BT-UB40 (CSR8510A10)

Hi,

I have the Sabrent BT-UB40 dongle attached to my HA OS running in a VM, the dongle is listed as a known working high performance adapters.

Unfortunately it seems to stop working from time to time, actually pretty often and I need to restart the VM to get it running again. The times it happens has increased in the last 1-2 months.

The console shows messages like:

Bluetooth hci0: command 0x200c tx timeout
Bluetooth hci0: Opcode 0x200c failed: -110
Bluetooth hci0: Unable to diable scanning: -110
Bluetooth hci0: unexpected event for opcode 0x200c

Anybody have any ideas?

This is also happening to me, running in a VM on proxmox. Tried both passing USB Device and passing through an entire PCIE USB controller. I’m passing through both the onboard bluetooth adapter and the USB adapter.

USB passthrough + Bluetooth is a frequent issue which uses ends in frustration. I’d skip the headaches and switch to using a Bluetooth proxy instead Ready-Made Projects — ESPHome

Yea, I added 3 esphome BT proxies a day or two after I posted here… Been smooth sailing since then. I left the USB and integrated BT adapters passed through and haven’t had any issues with them either since then. Maybe the two adapters I had were just getting overwhelmed? I have a lot of BLE devices around… smart locks, temp/humidity sensors, plant sensors…

Sounds great! I ordered two of them so hopefully it works better when I got them installed.