Bluetooth tracker iphone max issue

That’s rather strange. I’ll keep an eye on it.

I tried to find phone from computer and I see the same thing. When bluetooth settings are open - mac can see it, when I close - can not. BUT! The same thing happened with another device which is just fine with HA. So, as I understand, HA is kind of connected to phone, it is not stupidly searching every 12 seconds. Still have no solution.

Similar issues with iphone 6s - bt tracking works fine for a couple of hours when I’m at home but then something weird happens … HASS losses my phone and it looks like Bluetooth device on my phone goes into weird state - it disconnects Apple Watch and the only way to reconnect it back is to turn BT device off and back on. After toggling BT device HASS starts seeing it again and it again works for a couple of hours…

Hi! I have tried to reset network settings on iphone and everything seem’s to be ok for two days now.

Thanks for the hint! trying it out now.

Hey there! Did it work for you?

In a way it did - iPhone stopped loosing Bluetooth devices (Apple Watch/AirPods) but Bluetooth tracking isn’t working too well:( plus started hitting interference issue with 2,4GHz WiFi (HASS was loosing all y smart lamps). So I’ve disabled Bluetooth for now, thinking about other device tracking options.

I experience the same here in my home. My Iphone 8 has been working flawless for 3 months now. I am really impressed with the bluetooth tracker, combined with a NMAP i have never had problem with my lights going off. But my wifes Iphone X does not work all, seems to only be discoverable for HASS when the Iphone is in bluetooth search mode.

Anyone figuring this out? I have tried to restart the network setting and phone but can`t get it to work.

Hi! Try to discover your wife’s x from another device (i tried from mac). If the behaviour is the same - call to apple. Seems like they have some network issues with 12 ios on some devices.
My father had issues with 4G as well and I found some topics ftom other users.

Any luck on this anyone? I’ve recently upgraded iPhone X to XS Max and have found the bluetooth device tracker has fallen apart. Whereas the bluetooth tracker worked flawlessly on the X, it isn’t working at all with the XS Max.

The one exception is if I open the bluetooth config setting page on the XS Max, then it quickly appears as “home”, but disappears again when I close the setting page after the consider_home timer expires.

Very frustrating: WiFi (nmap) works pretty well, but is not perfect. Combining WiFi with bluetooth using a bayesian sensor fixes it almost flawlessly. Won’t be much use if I have to rely on WiFi alone.

Nick

Hello! Did you try to reset network settings?
I had no issues after that

It’s a brand new phone, but OK - I’ll give it a go…

My fathers iphone was as new as yours:)

Ha! OK - tried that, but no help. Bluetooth still not showing up. On top of that, lost my saved wifi networks…

Sorry, it was the only thing I know to work (in my case)
Let’s see if someone else has a solution

No worries. It’s mighty annoying after having been so reliable for so long on the previous phone. Am wondering whether it is to do with the introduction of Bluetooth 5.0 in the XS iPhones.

any lucky?

i have the same problem :frowning_face:

iphone xs max and xr

I had the same issues with my son’s and wife’s new iPhone they got over the holidays. They were not working with device tracking. The previous iPhones worked just fine. I solved it last night when my son’s device tracker started working in HA. The only thing he changed was that he paired his phones Bluetooth to his car. Sure enough I paired my wife’s phone to a device and it started working too.
Solution pair your iPhone to any regular Bluetooth device. ( not LE Bluetooth)

1 Like

I had again that issue with grandma’s phone and connection to bluetooth speaker did the job, now it is working!

This actually seems to work for me too! :slight_smile:

1 Like