BMW Connected doesn't work after 2021.11.2

After update to 2021.11.2 the BMW Connected doesn’t work for me. I have reinstalled the integration but same problem…

2021-11-09 22:02:13 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] bmw_connected_drive: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 431, in _async_add_entity
await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 651, in async_device_update
await task
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 52, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/bmw_connected_drive/sensor.py”, line 528, in update
self._attr_native_value = getattr(vehicle_state, sensor_key).value
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘value’
2021-11-09 22:02:13 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.binary_sensor] bmw_connected_drive: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 431, in _async_add_entity
await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 651, in async_device_update
await task
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 52, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/bmw_connected_drive/binary_sensor.py”, line 251, in update
self._attr_is_on = self.entity_description.value_fn(
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/bmw_connected_drive/binary_sensor.py”, line 102, in _is_vehicle_charging
extra_attributes[“charging_status”] = vehicle_state.charging_status.value
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘value’

The same goes for 2021.10.3 as well - it’s probably a “general break” of integration - not related to HA-version

Same here after updare tot 11.2. :frowning:

Yep same here 11.2

Same here after 11.2 update as well.

Same here :frowning: … i managed to get some of entities back → uninstall integration → install bmw again and login.
Doors binary is missing ( can see only windows and lids ).
Tracker dosent show location of car anymore too.
Fuel remaining dosent work :frowning:

see picture:

1 Like

Same here and still on 2021.11.0.

the original BMW Connected app is being sunset by beginning of Nov 21. i’m wondering if that is the case for the access of the integration as well. new one is called “my BMW”. has anyone found works on a new integration maybe?

1 Like

It was working on my 2022 X5e that uses the new app. So, not sure that’s the issue.

It looks like BMW have made major API changes that need to be worked through and the bimmer_connected component reworked accordingly, see here: HELP NEEDED: My BMW fingerprint · Discussion #327 · bimmerconnected/bimmer_connected · GitHub

1 Like