BMW Connected Drive not working?

I cannot seem to get the BMW integration to work. It used to work previously. Is anyone else having the same problem?

bmw_connected_drive:
  name:
    username: my email
    password: my password
    region: "north_america"

For the region setting, I tried both with and without " " without success.

EDIT : Problem is with my end, not the integration. My Connected Drive subscription has expired.

Clarify please. Post logs, error messages, debug.

Still seems to be working for me.

All the previously created entities show “unavailable” now.

There’s nothing in the Home Assistant log that indicates any problems. Is there another log that I should be looking at?

2021-01-01 18:56:25 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up bmw_connected_drive
2021-01-01 18:56:33 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of domain bmw_connected_drive took 8.6 seconds
2021-01-01 18:56:33 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.binary_sensor] Setting up binary_sensor.bmw_connected_drive
2021-01-01 18:56:33 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.lock] Setting up lock.bmw_connected_drive
2021-01-01 18:56:33 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.notify] Setting up notify.bmw_connected_drive
2021-01-01 18:56:33 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setting up sensor.bmw_connected_drive

Does unconfiguring it and reconfiguring it fix it? If you scroll down, do you see entities that aren’t unavailable?

Thanks for helping out with this. I figured out the problem … my Connected Drive subscription has expired! The car just rolled past its new car warranty.

Anyone else having issues with BMW Connected Drive after update to core-2021.8.0?

This was working last night running core-2021.7.X. I was logged in and able to unlock the car.

Now getting the following error:

Logger: bimmer_connected.account
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/bimmer_connected/account.py:107
First occurred: 3:00:24 PM (44 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:57:23 PM

The BMW Connected Drive portal returned an error: UNKNOWN_ERROR (received status code 400 and expected 200).
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/bimmer_connected/account.py”, line 102, in _get_oauth_token
response = self.send_request(url, data=data, headers=headers, allow_redirects=False,
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/bimmer_connected/account.py”, line 156, in send_request
raise IOError(msg)
OSError: The BMW Connected Drive portal returned an error: UNKNOWN_ERROR (received status code 400 and expected 200).

i have the same problem, after updating to 2021.8.0 the integration is broken. Did you create a issue on Github?

I did not open an issue on Github. Have not done it before, where would I find the specific page for that?

Thanks in advance.

BMW Connected Drive Authentication Issue · Issue #53977 · home-assistant/core (github.com)

1 Like

Mine is working again (HA 2021.8.0, BMW 530e 2020), after it did not work yesterday evening (Authentication Error).

Mine is broke, can’t connect to BMW service :-/ (Europe / Rest of the world)

I cannot connect to the integratin. I deleted it and now I cannot add the integration again.
It says “Verbindung fehlgeschlagen”

It stopped working in 2021.7.4. than I updated to 2021.8.1, but still no luck.

I own a Mini countryman

Logger: bimmer_connected.account
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/bimmer_connected/account.py:107
First occurred: 6:34:14 (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:30:22

The BMW Connected Drive portal returned an error: UNKNOWN_ERROR (received status code 400 and expected 200).
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/bimmer_connected/account.py", line 102, in _get_oauth_token
    response = self.send_request(url, data=data, headers=headers, allow_redirects=False,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/bimmer_connected/account.py", line 156, in send_request
    raise IOError(msg)
OSError: The BMW Connected Drive portal returned an error: UNKNOWN_ERROR (received status code 400 and expected 200).

Anyone lucky enough to get it working?
I am on homeassistant running on docker (not supervised) - newest updates.
I configured the bmw integration according to instructions for Europe - email, pass, ‘rest_of_world’
But i cannot authenticate.
anyone solved that and have it working for europe?
I get:
2021-11-20 08:39:45 ERROR (SyncWorker_15) [bimmer_connected.account] Authentication failed (invalid_request): The request is missing a required parameter, includes an unsupported parameter value (other than grant type), repeats a parameter, includes multiple credentials, utilizes more than one mechanism for authenticating the client, or is otherwise malformed
Logger: bimmer_connected.account
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/bimmer_connected/account.py:192
First occurred: 8:42:27 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:42:27 AM

Authentication failed (invalid_request): The request is missing a required parameter, includes an unsupported parameter value (other than grant type), repeats a parameter, includes multiple credentials, utilizes more than one mechanism for authenticating the client, or is otherwise malformed

It‘s currently broken as BMW changed their API (again)