BMW ConnectedDrive component

Yes, the BMW integration is not yet part of the integrations (PR is made for that).

1 Like

Added the read_only tag to see if there was any change earlier, no difference - same error with or without the entry. Removed for now.

Using the sample VIN gives the same error:

Failed to call service bmw_connected_drive/activate_air_conditioning. 'str' object has no attribute 'read_only'

Think Iā€™ve found the issue. Originally, I had a HACS install when doing some troubleshooting a couple of months ago, i removed that folder and rebooted HA and everything seems to be functional at the moment.

I just followed the following steps:

1. car is locked via the remote key
    binary_sensor.x1_lock_state = off
    lock.x1_lock = locked
  2. I called the lock.unlock service
    binary_sensor.x1_lock_state = on
    lock.x1_lock = unlocked
  3. I called the lock.lock service
    binary_sensor.x1_lock_state = off
    lock.x1_lock = locked

So this works as expected. Strange that itā€™s not working for you. Have you taken into consideration that the status of the binary sensor will be updated after the next interval? So that can take up to 5 minutes. You can call the service bmw_connected_drive.update_state to get this status back immediately.

Thatā€™s correct. The car alarm will only be activated when closing it with the remote key.

Hi, thatā€™s the trick. I did not wait long enough.
Tested it and everything works as you described.
Thanks

Apologies if this is some kind of error on my part as Iā€™ve just dived into Home Assistant.

I got BMW_Connected_Drive working with HA and HomeKit so that I can successfully lock/unlock my X3 from Appleā€™s Home app and even start/stop the climatization feature.

My issue is that the Parking Lights show up as a ā€˜Occupancy Sensorā€™ in HomeKit instead of a Light switch. When I look in Home Assistant, the entity is written out as ā€˜binary_sensor.x3_xdrive30e_lights_parkingā€™. If I try to change the entity name to ā€˜light.x3_xdrive30e_lights_parkingā€™ I get an error ā€˜domain needs to remain the sameā€™. Is there a config I should be updating to change it from a sensor to a light?

I donā€™t believe the integration allows the parking lights to be turned on or off, thatā€™s why it shows up as a sensor. But I have an i3 not an x3 so maybe thereā€™s a chance things could function differently for your car. You could maybe call a service to flash the lights as mentioned here

ā€œThe service bmw_connected_drive.light_flash flashes the lights of the vehicle. The vehicle is identified via the parameter vin.ā€

@elaren The above is correct. Itā€™s only possible to get the state of the parking lights (this is the same for all cars) and not turn them on or off via the integration. Thatā€™s why itā€™s a binary sensor and not a light sensor which you can turn on and off.

Hi, is there any solution for executionStatus errors? I noticed there is a closed issue in github with recent update without reply (basically the same config as the last post, even the error details, except my car is G05).
I get this error as well everytime i try to execute something. But despite the error, the calls soon or later works.

Hi,

Iā€™ve got 530e and it would be great if there was a service for starting immediate charging. Problem is that I would like to heat up the cabin before driving but it takes so much power that it reduces the electric range for about 10km (range is not that good during winter anyway). If it was possible to call a service that starts the charging immediately, the power used during the heat up would come from the connected charger and not from the battery. Unfortunately, due to a bad design I would say, it seems that BMW does not start the charging without a trigger even if the battery level goes down due to heating.

With this service I could trigger the charging automatically always when heating is started. Any change to get this service included in this component? Would try to implement it myself but I have no experience on Python and I understood nothing by looking at the codeā€¦ This service should be possible to implement though as it is available in the BMW app (which is horrible btw).

Can you make a FR here -> https://github.com/bimmerconnected/bimmer_connected/issues/new?assignees=&labels=&template=feature_request.md
And please share some screenshots of the app with the immediate charging service.

I did that, thanks!

Is there anything i can do to solve the executionStatus issue? :slight_smile:

I need to correct my previous message. I did more research and it actually seems that charging is started when heating starts eating the battery. But I suspect the charging mode needs to be ā€immediateā€ in this case.

Still it would be nice to see this feature in HA! I saw some work done on getting data of all trips out of the car (consumptions, speed, etc). This is something that even the BMW app cannot do, so that wouldnt it be awesome to have something like that?!

Hi,

I upgraded my car and Iā€™m trying to get the connecteddrive component to deal with the change. I had an i3 and now I have a newer i3.

It didnā€™t seem to pick up my connecteddrive changes. So I removed the config from configuration.yaml, restarted, removed all the entities that now were unavailable. Then I put the config back and restarted again.

This picked up the car, but all the entities were named like ā€œbinary_sensor.i3s_120_charging_statusā€. I just want plain ā€œi3ā€, not ā€œi3s_120ā€.

Can I control this? I put into known_devices :

i3s_120:
  icon: mdi:car
  mac:
  name: i3
  picture:
  track: true

However Iā€™m not sure where this ā€œnameā€ pulls through to. Certainly didnā€™t change the entity names.

What Iā€™m particularly about is to have Alexa see it as ā€œi3ā€. Right now Alexa has ā€œi3s 120ā€ which doesnā€™t exactly roll off the tongueā€¦

I can manually rename in the Alexa app but its quite a lot of devices.

Thanks for hints and advice!

Steve

The integration uses the car model from the BMW ConnectedDrive API. Your new i3 is called i3s_120 there, so that name is used in the entity ids.
You can change the entity ids (e.g. binary_sensor.i3s_120_charging_status) by clicking on the entity and then in the popup window on the cog in the upper right corner. Then you can rename the entity id there to binary_sensor.i3_charging_status.
For use with Alexa though it is not necessary to rename the entity id, just renaming the entity name should work. You can do this in the same popup window.

Only the device tracker is controlled in known_devices.yaml.

1 Like

Anyone else getting Authentication Errors from the integration today?
My password hasnā€™t changed and the BMW App on my phone still worksā€¦

No error for me

Yep, same for me.

I am getting the same error.