Bond Home Component - Light + Fan

Apparently MQTT is also now an option for controlling it http://docs-local.appbond.com/#tag/MQTT (perhaps with better support?)

Just an fyi… 2 months ago I bought what Home Depot calls " Universal Smart Wi-Fi 4-Speed Ceiling Fan Remote". You basically replace the fan’s remote receiver with this & don’t have a hub. The instructions said to download the Bond Home App to connect to my WiFi.

This component seems to also work with the " Universal Smart Wi-Fi 4-Speed Ceiling Fan Remote".

I have had the bond working in my system for several months with no issues. I recently upgraded to HA .105 (now up to .105.5) and I no longer can control fan lights reliably. Via system tools I can no longer turn on with .turn_on, however .toggle turns it on. Once on .toggle does not turn off but .turn_off turns it off. (I have 7 fans and all are doing same thing). Fan on and off seems to work fine.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Yeah, we have partners that are making “Smart by Bond” products like this that expose the same API as the Bond Bridge. Sometimes you have to dig deep to find out that it’s “Smart by Bond” though.

Sounds like it could be a consequence of trust state being enabled but the state being incorrect. Have you enabled this setting? (It’s presented as “trust tracked state” in the app, I believe)

I verified that trust state was “off”" without any impact. Because I was having issues, I updated Bond Integration to 6c773ab (via HACS). This has broke the entity names being reported into HA. Now instead of the names I had before that were based on what the names were in the Bond device, I get Light_1, Light_2, … and Fan_1, Fan_2, …

I tried restarting Bond and HA as well as reloading Bond Integration without any change. Any idea if this is an issue with rev 6c773ab or if I have a different problem with my HA install? (I have not tested yet if rev 6c773ab fixed the turn_on/off/toggle issue yet since I have to figure out which light is which out of the 7 I have installed.

I updated to HACS Bond version 2974d77. This has fixed all of the issues with control of the lights using toggle and On and Off. Several improvements noted in the new integration. The Bond entities now show up in the Configuration->Entities List. The HA Names for the devices are as programmed into the Bond, however the actual entity_ids come out as light.light, light.light_2, and the fans are fan.fan, fan.fan_2 etc.

This is manageable since the names are carried over correctly. Thanks to nguyer and the bond team for all of their hard work.

1 Like

@John.McDowell, where do you see Bond in HACS?

Just add the bond Github link “https://github.com/nguyer/homeassistant-bond-home” in HACS settings and you will see it listed.

1 Like

Any tips for getting the Homewerks 7130 paired with Bond? I can’t seem to get it to recognize any button presses whatsoever.

I just moved into a new home last November that has multiple RF based fans (don’t know the model), but Bond works with them (mostly… the fan speeds are wonky but medium works so that’s all we need to automate…

I got this component up and running (manually as I don’g use HACS) in abaout 30 mins and it’s working well. Nice Work and much appreciated!

Now two of my most critical integrations are both custom components (still not integratedinto HA base…): Homeassistant Bond Home, and Lutron Caseta Pro…

So is fan speed supposed to be working with this? I installed via HACS and i can control everything on and off but fan speed does not work. Using the local API i was able to get the fan speed set. I used the underlying bond python library and that works using the device ID of the fan and setSpeed function but when i use HASS.io its a no go. I looked through the code and while I am not that familiar with the under pinnings of hassio code i can see that the entity is essentially doing what i was using python. Even changing the speeds to hard coded numbers did not change it. If it helps i am using fanimation fans. I will continue to look at it but it looks to be a problem with the integration.

Thanks
Ed

I am using the service fan.set_speed and it is working for me.

Ok i think the problem stems from the dash board. I dont know if changing speed there is working. If i do it in a script it works but the pull down in the dashboard does not work.

I’m in the process of migrating from a docker version of Home Assistant on an Ubuntu server to a dedicated RasPi running the latest hass.io image. The bond integration is the last one and I’m getting the following for all entities:

2020-04-13 15:51:43 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light] Error while setting up bond platform for light
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 178, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 442, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/bond/light.py”, line 35, in setup_platform
for deviceId in bond.getDeviceIds():
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/bond/bond.py”, line 134, in getDeviceIds
for key in r.json():
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/models.py”, line 898, in json
return complexjson.loads(self.text, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/simplejson/init.py”, line 525, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/simplejson/decoder.py”, line 370, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/simplejson/decoder.py”, line 400, in raw_decode
return self.scan_once(s, idx=_w(s, idx).end())
simplejson.errors.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

I’m sure its something straight forward. Any thought?

As expected, it was straight forward. I noted the “key” reference in the traceback and realized I managed to trim off a couple characters from the token when I pasted it into configuration.yaml.

1 Like

Is there support for adding more than one Bond Bridge? I have tried doing it, but I keep failing on it. Any ideas?

I switched from my original hacky implementation to this custom component over the weekend. Not sure if this was covered somewhere else in this thread, but just in case it wasn’t:

I ran in to an issue where my ceiling fan lights would randomly turn on in the middle of the night. This was because I didn’t enable “Trust Tracked State” in the specific device’s settings in the Bond app. Without this setting, every instance of sending a turn_off OR turn_on in HASS would just end up flowing through to the BOND controller as a toggle. So, my automations if no motion detection after 4 hours, turn off the light without an explicit state condition weren’t being gated by the light already being off, and were just toggling.

Really annoyed the wife. :smiley:

The following PR enables speed changes from the dashboard:

@nguyer

I like the addition but you are still missing the speed state variable that the UI needs to display speed. I have also added light level for fanimation fans if you are interested in my code. I have just been modifying for my personal use at this point but i would be more then happy to contribute to the project.