Book or whatever to learn how Home Assistant works how the configure it

Hello,

somehow I use Home Assistant more via trial and error. Is there any online or printed documentation that goes into the setup, basic configuration and development. Yes I know Documentation - Home Assistant but from my point of view the above questions are not explained in a coherent way.

Frank

Given that there is a new minor release every few days and a new version every month I doubt anyone would even attempt to write a book. :slight_smile:
It would keep changing all the time.

I believe the best option is to do YouTube search and sort on date.
That way you probably get a good tutorial with the latest.

I agree with the difficulty with attempting to write a book. YouTube is an option but I get so tired of the ads, starts, stops, suspect quality of the info, etc. I copy/paste pertinent info from the docs section into a text file then save it for future reference. I know it’s old school but I can then organize the “snippets” of info I’ve found. Example - logging levels. Critical higher than error, warning? I want to learn so I pasted the listing in the documentation with config examples into a text document so I could reference it later. It’s easier for me than going back to the location in the docs on the web. Another option is to print to pdf a section either by highlighting the text you want or the entire subject if possible. I don’t think I’m doing anything nefarious, just saving the information for my own use in the future.