Bosch Smart Home

Going to HACS is good news! Thanks Thomas. I am just wondering on how to transition from my custom component (with everything set up nicely) to HACS without loosing everything I have done until now…

But I actually wanted to ask about something else today.
I realized that Motion sensors from the bosch integration acts different to others from Hue, or my Ring etc.

When creating automations I can use “Device” for Hue and other sensors, but not for Bosch, since these do not have triggers set I can use. Is this something I can overcome somehow? I think it would make using them in automations a lot more easy.

Check sceenshots linked here for reference.

Hue Device Integration: https://dsh.re/894624
Bosch Device Integration: https://dsh.re/05d75

Thanks for any support on this!
Best regards,
Kai

@kai-seipp You don’t have to be afraid, the only thing which changes is the content of the custom_component/bosch_shc folder. Configuration will stay the same.

I did it the following way: I deleted the bosch_shc-Folder in the custom_component folder, then added the boschshc-hass repository as custom repository like described in the link above. You can then select the component for installation and will have to restart HA afterwars. That was everything I had to do.

For motion sensors, we would need to register events from motion sensor in HA. I’ve done this recently for the universal switches, so it should not be too complicated to add this for motion sensors as well. I’ll have a look the next days.

Regards, Thomas

1 Like

Thanks @tschamm, worked perfect, updating to HACS made no trouble. Thanks for doing that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,
is it possible that there is a bug in the thermostat integration?

I played around with service calls today to find out how to automate them and it seemed a bit inconsistent. It worked in general, but the service call climate.set_temperature did not work for me as expected.

According to the docs (https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/climate/), the call:

- service: climate.set_temperature
  data:
    entity_id: climate.kitchen
    temperature: 24
    hvac_mode: heat

should switch the thermostat into heat mode which is translated to the manual mode Bosch (finger icon in the app - meaning that no schedule will be applied).

In my case it will change the temperature but stay in auto mode.

I have to execute it in 2 commands to get the expected result: first set hvac_mode to heat and then call set_temperature.

Cheers

Thanks for reporting the issue. I fixed this. You can now also turn off the climate devices.

Regards, Thomas

Did you already try out? If not, maybe you’ll wait for some more days, as I will have to rename the trigger event. I just learned that a platform only supports one platform event so I will put together all SHC events in one event type.
I‘ll inform on this once it is finished.

UPDATE:
All bosch_shc events are consolidated as bosch_shc.event trigger events. With this change, it is possible to create automation triggers directly from the device list. Devices which provide events are:

• WRC2: Universal Switch devices, for upper/lower button pressed short/long
  • MD: Motion Detector devices, if a motion event is detected
  • SHC: All scenarios registered in the official Bosch Smart Home app, if the scenario is triggered.

This will invalidate previous events. Sorry for any inconvenience.
/UPDATE

Regards, Thomas

What do I have to do to make this work? I just updated to the latest version from https://github.com/tschamm/boschshc-hass but I don’t see humidity in my climate entities.

I just checked and the device model is actually “BWTH”. I got 14 of them installed to test, so let me know if you need anything :wink:

Hi,
what kind of device is BWTH? Is it the wall thermostats?
It would be of great help, if you could make a listing of the device services provided via postman. If you need tips how to do that, write me a PM.

EDIT: Please double check if these are Bosch devices and not Homematic IP. The latter are not supported via Bosch SHC.

Regards, Thomas

Hi Thomas,

thanks a lot for your quick reply. I have the wall thermostat for floor heating (230V). It seems the BWTH devices are actually child devices of the ROOM_CLIMATE_CONTROL devices. Their ID indicates HomematicIP, so are they not supported?

Here is one of these devices as returned via Postman:

{
        "@type": "device",
        "rootDeviceId": "",
        "id": "roomClimateControl_hz_1",
        "deviceServiceIds": [
            "TemperatureLevelConfiguration",
            "RoomClimateControl",
            "TemperatureLevel"
        ],
        "manufacturer": "BOSCH",
        "roomId": "hz_1",
        "deviceModel": "ROOM_CLIMATE_CONTROL",
        "serial": "roomClimateControl_hz_1",
        "iconId": "icon_room_girl_room_rcc",
        "name": "-RoomClimateControl-",
        "status": "AVAILABLE",
        "childDeviceIds": [
            "hdm:HomeMaticIP:3014F711A000239A185AB2A4"
        ]
    },
{
        "@type": "device",
        "rootDeviceId": "",
        "id": "hdm:HomeMaticIP:3014F711A000239A185AB2A4",
        "deviceServiceIds": [
            "CommunicationQuality",
            "Thermostat",
            "TemperatureLevel",
            "HumidityLevel",
            "WallThermostatConfiguration",
            "TemperatureOffset"
        ],
        "manufacturer": "BOSCH",
        "roomId": "hz_1",
        "deviceModel": "BWTH",
        "serial": "",
        "profile": "GENERIC",
        "name": "RT Kinderschlafzimmer",
        "status": "AVAILABLE",
        "parentDeviceId": "roomClimateControl_hz_1",
        "childDeviceIds": []
    },

Best,

Moe

First of all many thanks to Thomas for his effort.

I integrated Bosch SHC: shc03c927 and it´s visible in my integrations.
Now I have to enter the public and the private key but I have no clou how.

I mean I have no clou where I can find them or how to generate them.
Based on the above comments I created the folder config\keystore.

Could anybody help me out pls

Thank you in advance guys.

/Petros

Welcome @PetrosKalogeras

please have a look here, this should solve your problems: post #114 and post #147

Cheers, Thomas

Hi @dagroe

support for BWTH is added with the new bosch_shc version I just pushed to github. You won’t see humidity in the climate platform, instead you’ll have additional sensor entities for temperature and humidity of each BWTH device.

Is the information provided in the Thermostat service of relevance for you? As I don’t own these devices, I cannot add the missing services.

Enjoy, Thomas

2 Likes

Hi Thomas,

thanks so much. I actually just finished writing a small script pulling the humidity levels using your library, which was a fun exercise, so also thanks a lot for providing this awesome library. Of course I’ll update the component asap and check it out/use that instead of my script. Temperature works fine via the climate_control itself but I’ll check if there is anything relevant in the Thermostat service.

Again, thanks a lot for your work. It is much appreciated.

Best,

Moe

1 Like

Thanks Thomas,

I did not even realize that this was not included until now. So now I got this device class in my instance as well! Really cool.

I also realized that you have added entities for the motion sensor. I could not spend much time with it until now. But from my first impression it looked like it did not quite behave as expected. But I really need to spend some more time with this feature!

Best wishes,
Kai

Works great. Just one thing, I somehow now have battery entities for all my wall thermostats (which don’t have a battery) that is also marked as restored with a hint that it may be orphaned.

This entity is currently unavailable and is an orphan to a removed, changed or dysfunctional integration or device.

If the entity is no longer in use, you can clean it up by removing it.

Not sure if that is just an issue in my config/install.

Hello everyone,

I just installed the boschshc-hass. I can find and add the integration. Unfortunately, once I enter the IP of my SHC (no autodiscover unfortunately), I get the error: Failed to connect. IP is correct, I already created a new client with postman.

I’m using HA (2021.1.5) running in a docker container.

The server has two different IPs, not sure if this is related. But all other integrations (and auto discover) seems to work.

Any help is appreciated!

Best,
Philip

Hi Philip,

welcome :slight_smile: This issue is most probable not related to bosch_shc, but to your installation method using docker. Did you already try the hint from post #138?

Best, Thomas

The code for supporting BWTH reused the already available THB wallthermostat code, but THB is battery powered. Of course this does not make sensor for 220V powered BWTH wall thermostats :smirk:

The updated component checks if the batterylevel service is available, and if not no battery sensor is added. Thus the entity should not show up for BWTH thermostats anymore.

Dear @tschamm,

thanks for your reply. As you probably mentioned, I already opened an issue in your git repository. But I understand that the missing mDNS functionality of my setup has nothing todo with bosch_shc. So maybe a reach a larger audience here.

My problem is: The server running HA is located in a complete other network and is connecting via VPN into my network. So the VPN adapter of the server is in the same network as my whole smart home infrastructure. That’s why everything can be controlled perfectly. But it seems to be an issue running mDNS on a VPN adapter. So it seems there is no way for me to get mDNS running.

What I don’t understand: Why is bosch_shc relying (and forcing) on mDNS if the IP is known and unicast communication is working?

Thanks,
Philip