Both LocalTuya and Tuya integration not working anymore

I had localTuya running for a while without issues. Then suddenly (was it an update?), some devices stayed offline. I thought maybe better go back to the “official” Tuya integration, since the latest HA release mentioned some updates for tuya. I removed localTuya and configured Tuya.

With Tuya all devices were found but they stay unavailabe. Ok, back to localTuya then. I go into HACS, install localTuya, reboot but can’t get the localTuya to show up as an integration.

Tried removing localTuya manually from /confg/custom_components and then re-installing and rebooting, but it just doesn’t show up in the integrations.

I created a new HA in a VM, just to test my steps and there localTuya shows up after reboot.

How can I troubleshoot this?

Tuya loves messing with API. There is a Tuya v2, i had same issue. Had this battle myself today and solved it by using this repository:

My advise: read instructions carefully. And some tips: dont use a password with symbols ( eg: ! @ # $ % etc ) just lower and upper case letters and numbers.

Good luck!

Ugh… solved the main issue.
When starting with localTuya I blocked the tuya lights from my local DNS server using iptables rules. But that didn’t work reliable so I enabled DNS again for the lights. Forgot to save the iptables rules in which I removed the lights. So after a power failure at home, the DNS booted with the old rules, blocking the tuya lights from DNS. :frowning: