Bradley Smart Smoker bluetooth monitoring

Hello, I have a Bradley Smart Smoker. It’s a fantastic Smoker but failed as a product because its bluetooth implementation was garbage. Basically the most popular Smart phones like Samsung couldn’t pair to it.

It has at least three temperature probes and a couple timers that should be monitored when doing a long 12 hour smoke. Setting target temps and times would also be nice. Currently everything has to be done locally through the touch screen since i can’t get it to pair to the app.

It seems Home Assistant would be the perfect interface to replace the Bradley app. I would love if ESPHome and a bluetooth proxy could link to this device. But i don’t know where to start.

I can’t find any mention of this product anywhere. I don’t know how to make a bluetooth integration. Any advice or direction to useful resources would be great.

I’m a programmer, but fairly new to Home Assistant. So far I have smartified my dumb fireplace using an esp32 and optical relay to connect jumpers to ignite and change flame etc. But this bluetooth Smoker promises to be a bit of a different beast.

The model is a BS916. A manual can be found here: https://device.report/m/b05184798dd0def29476a43e79a6a47692cb24ca6fe5fe8e8abd24efe24c6f5f.pdf but makes little to no mention of the bluetooth features.

I found this interesting page that describes its bluetooth certification: Bluetooth Device Certification
Apparently Bluetooth 4.0 dual mode