"Brains" of Prime Wire smart outlets?

Hi Mike

I am also having the same issue flashing via the pins. Any other tips you can think of?

Thanks

I purchased these Prime Smart Outlets (CCWDIO232PK) late Nov 2020 they have date code 8/20 with ITM No. 1429371. Tried to serial flash them without success; they just would not connect/handshake with esptool.py v3.0 or tasmotizer v1.2 with numerous attempts. Some have been able to flash these but maybe something has changed in the installed firmware or I just goofed on my two units??

If someone is able to recently flash these please, please provide detailed info on how it was done.

I installed these smart outlets using the Tuya app and Tuya integration on HA and are recognized by Google Assistant. Unfortunately they are on the tuya cloud.

Not that I can think, I didnā€™t solder any of the headers, just laid some DuPont cables through the slots at an angle and connected them to a bread board. 33v from the usb dongle supply, tx and Rx reversed between the two and the rest to ground.

I ran tasmotize on a Windows machine and it didnā€™t workā€¦then I tweaked upon the misleading labels for the left most pin and moved the pin over. Ran tasmotize again and it worked out of the box. I was running 8.3.1 of tasmota.

Iā€™ve got the exact same model/ITM values.
I didnā€™t use the RST pin, just kept IOO connected to ground through the whole flashing process.

I wired everything up to a bread board, but with the usb dongle unplugged. 33v to the usb dongle power, tx and Rx reversed, and gnd and I00 to the common ground. I then plugged the usb dongle in to the laptop and ran tasmotize and loaded 8.3.1 of tasmota (my common version for now)

Thanks I will give it a shot.

I got my prime outlets out of the tuya cloud. I retried with Tasmotizer again using the headers as shown in image from left to right GDN TX RX 33V IOO (GND is the second hole from the left). Thanks to parafilm on redflagsdeal.com site https://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco-prime-wi-fi-outdoor-smart-plugs-2pk-22-99-2414573/3/

1 Like

I have just successfully flashed this plug with ESPHome right out of the box! Using this website https://templates.blakadder.com/prime_CCWFIO232PK.html i mapped the GPIO pins. (Thanx bverkon for the link)
I used a cheep FTDI232 programmer. I had to ground the pin labeled ā€œ100ā€ while powering it up to put it into program mode. After it was all connected, i had to restart the ESPHome plugin so it found the programmer.
This is the configuration i made.

esphome:
  name: outside_plug_1
  platform: ESP8266
  board: esp01_1m

wifi:
  ssid: ""
  password: ""

# Enable fallback hotspot (captive portal) in case wifi connection fails
  ap:
    ssid: "Outside Plug 1 Fallback Hotspot"

captive_portal:

# Enable logging
logger:

# Enable Home Assistant API
api:

ota:

switch:
  - platform: gpio
    id: led_1
    pin:
      number: GPIO14
      inverted: True

name: "Outside Outlet 1"
    pin: GPIO13
    on_turn_on:
    - switch.turn_on: led_1
    on_turn_off:
    - switch.turn_off: led_1

id: led_2
    pin:
      number: GPIO03

name: "Outside Outlet 2"
    pin: GPIO04
    on_turn_on:
    - switch.turn_on: led_2
    on_turn_off:
    - switch.turn_off: led_2

binary_sensor:
  - platform: status
    name: "Outside Outlet Status"

pin:
      number: GPIO12
      mode: INPUT_PULLUP
    name: "Outside Outlet Button 1"

After it programmed, i just powered it off and on and tada! it worked.
Im pretty new at all this and didnā€™t quite know what to do with the button? Guess someone could use it to trigger the switch relay? Any ideas or advice would be welcome.
As is, you can use Home Assistant to turn on the plugs!

editā€¦ I got the button useful! I added to the configuration so that when you click the button, it will toggle on/off the first outlet. And if you double click the button, it will toggle on/off the second outlet.

switch:
    id: led_1
    pin:
      number: GPIO14

name: "Outside Outlet 1"
    pin: GPIO13
    id: relay_1
    on_turn_on:
    - switch.turn_on: led_1
    on_turn_off:
    - switch.turn_off: led_1

id: led_2
    pin:
      number: GPIO03

name: "Outside Outlet 2"
    pin: GPIO04
    id: relay_2
    on_turn_on:
    - switch.turn_on: led_2
    on_turn_off:
    - switch.turn_off: led_2

binary_sensor:
  - platform: status
    name: "Outside Plug 1 Status"

pin:
      number: GPIO12
      mode: INPUT_PULLUP
    name: "Outside Plug 1 Button"
    on_click:
      min_length: 10ms
      max_length: 350ms
      then:
      - switch.toggle: relay_1
    on_double_click:
      min_length: 50ms
      max_length: 350ms
      then:
      - switch.toggle: relay_2

Thank-you for posting this! I was fighting with this plug for daysā€¦ couldnā€™t figure out why I couldnā€™t get it flashed. I tried switching the wires around but always left the GND wire in the first hole.

The SECOND hole is GND. That did it ā€“ thanks again.

Bought a set today (from costco) to try out. Packaging looks the same, but the chip is not an esp anymore.
It is a BEKEN (BK7231TON32) OTA. Iā€™ll probably look for some old stock.