"Brains" of Prime Wire smart outlets?

I was tempted to pick up a 3 pack of smart outlets by Prime at Costco. The product information is pretty thin, but I am wondering if I could get them to work with HA? Has anyone opened one up? Are they built with the ESP8266 and so flashable with Tasmota?

Can’t say for sure, but those outlets look exactly like the ones I just bought branded Globe, which were just Tuya devices. Was able to use Tuya-convert to re-flash them. From the link you posted it looks like the Prime are the same product, and thus Tuya.

Have you bought them and been able to flash them ? I’ve been struggling to do the same but maybe there is something i’m doing wrong

anyone got them working with Tuya-Convert ?

Hello,
Looking for the same information…
Anyone was able to flash them ?

Edit: i was able to flash them
thanks

I’ve been meaning to update. Sorry for the delay. Yes, I was able to flash them without problems. I used mainly this tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyUyewiKpRA. Only a few things have changed in the process since : It is now even simpler. I was using a Raspberry PI 3B+ I think. Thanks AaronCake, your reply was all I needed. I managed to get hold of 3 packs, so 9 in total before they ran out at the local Costco. One was DOA (odd little clicking & buzzing emanating from the unit when powered), but I can’t return as it was a .97 item so no more coming sadly.

I did not use rasbery but any linux with wifi capable to broadcast could do.

was you able manage the light on the device ?

ok i was able to finish
but one of them was DOA , returning all tomorrow and getting an other set :frowning: sadly will have to redo all the setting.

I noticed that the light on the device didn’t work with the initial firmware image (loaded by tuya-convert). However, once it was up and I upgraded to the full tasmota image and applied the correct template, the light is working. Out of curiosity, where are you getting yours?

Yes , Ligth is working fine now.
I am getting them from cotsco in north of Montreal, Boisbriand.
they have a good stock.
19$ Cdn for the 3 pack i think that’s a good price.
They do not have Energy Monitoring but at this price you cannot expect much

what you mean by " I can’t return as it was a .97 item so no more coming sadly"
I am planning return mine tomorrow.

So to close the Loop Here,
I return my pack of 3 Plugs to Costco (with no issue) because one was DOA…
And picked up 2 Packs (Since costco did mention to me these migth never been restock)

i Also get the gentleman to provide me a list of Cotsco with in my area who still carry them and how many they still have in stock.

I quickly flash them to make sure no issue and all went fine.
i put some in immediate use and will play with one (test, found out the other GPIO usage etc…)

Thanks