Brand new user, everything working but some doubts about HA OS internals

Hi, new user adding more and more zigbee sensors into my installation. My experience has been really smooth, everything working at first try, probably because I am an advanced linux user.

I have one questions just to deepen my understanding of HA OS related to docker working presumably under the hood. I understood HA OS is using containers technology, however in the terminal and as a root user, I can not find the docker command (command not found), and I can not see a running docker process either (ps command in the terminal).

However as an answer of ha info command I can see docker version 26.1.4 (3rd line) installed?

Does HA OS really uses docker?, Can i have access to the list of running containers?, I have already installed integrations and add-ons.

HA OS is a minimal linux OS built on buildroot with just one job: running a bunch of docker containers.

If you want to see the docker command: add a monitor and keyboard to your HA computer, and in the console enter

login

(no password). Then you can access the docker command.

The 2 ssh add-ons are just docker containers themselves.

The “Advanced SSH & Web Terminal” addon should give access to and list containers.
I have protection mode disabled and that might be necessary though.

Thank you for your answers, I have just realized how different is the admin of a containerized Linux OS than a regular Linux.

I can see that there is many question in relation of how to access the host system from the container environment, for example:

[How to get access at damn host system?](https://How to get access at the damm)