Breaking Change for Events State Node - Or just me?

After updating either to 116.1 or the NodeRed Addon I just realized that some of my automations dont work anymore. When I checked why, I found that all the messages from event state nodes look different now.

While before the data for a new state was i.e.:
msg.data.new_state.XXX

now it is:

msg.data.event.new_state.XXX

Was that mentioned somewhere? I don’t remember seeing that change in any changelog. Took me sometime to change it now for all the nodes, and would like to avoid similar troubles in the future.

It was fixed the same day. I guess the addon hasn’t released a new version with the fix.

You can always have the addon install the latest version.

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/71032/549?u=kermit

2 Likes

Thanks, as you posted in your other thread, indeed adding this:

npm_packages:
  - node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket@latest

into the Addon Configuration loaded the latest Version and I was able to revert the changes.

1 Like

My timing is awesome… I had a few test flows using msg.data.new_state that quit working yesterday, I then “fixed” them and put half a day into automating my HVAC and Alarm and Lighting with the “event” format and today after updating, nothing worked! Not an extremely difficult thing to edit but since this is all new to me it sure made me question what I thought I knew…