"bricked" rasp 4

hey Everyone hope all is well. Been banging my head against the wall with this one and cant figure it out. Got Ha installed in a rasp 4 and have been running it for close to a yr now on a ssd with no issues.Then one day out of the blue it just stopped working. i tried ssh but its not connecting to the network,disconnected all usb dongles, nothing. put in a sd card figuring id run a new install n just back up from google cloud but nothing.took out the ssd installed a new ha install nothing all this while having a monitor connected and nothing shows up on the screen. only thing that is consistent other then it doing nothing is that the green and red light by the sd card reader are solid. am at wits end any help is appriciated.

Tried another power supply?

yup
Still nothing

Green is storage reads and red is power. Red should be on all the time. If green is on nonstop I’d assume bad phyiscal storage.

but iv been switching storage to see if it was that. from ssd to sd card to usb drive. still nothing

Do you see something if using Raspberry OS on the SD card ?

Go basic.
Only monitor, keyboard and see card with Raspberry OS connected.
If that does not work, then it can either be the Raspberry itself or the SDcard or the power supply.

1 Like

nothing comes up on screen

the sd the ssd and the thumbdrive…do pies just up n die???

1 Like

None of my Pi’s ever died, and I have plenty, even a first batch Pi 1b. Guess you don’t have luck

1 Like

Every electronic part have a chance to die every moment.

1 Like

Same… I’ve literally got 6 sitting in front of me, some that have been on for years. I’ve never actually heard of one dying.

1 Like

I’ll show you two if you like. :joy:

That said it sounds like the device is having trouble booting.

The green light goes solid when it passes to the bootloader and if green is blinking it is an error code. So that means your device is probably trying to read the card and can’t for some reason but it’s WAY early in the boot so it can’t even tell you what’s wrong. Pi4 use an eeeprom for the bootloader and if it corrupts it can act similar to what you describe.

Op, If you’re about to toss it, instead try to grab the Rpi imager and load a new bootloader into your Pi4. It’s under miscellaneous tools in the Rpi imager.

thanks for the response now a question when picking a new bootloader on the rpi imager i noticed its size was 0 is this normal?