You need to add this to your configuration.yaml

bring_shopping_list:
  lists:
    - id: xxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx
      name: Home
      locale: de-DE
    - id: xxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx
      name: Work

sorry guys, I haven’t write the component documentation yet, but you need to copy the files in a bring_shopping_list folder under custom_components

4 Likes

Thank your very much!
Can you tell me how I retrieve the ID of my shopping list?

you can follow instructions by @PrivatHomeServer in Component for Bring! Shopping List

1 Like

thanks mate. didn’t knew that page.

You have an error in the *card.js. Instead of mapping the header to the “title” attribute you try to read the “name” attribute. Opened an issue for you.

Thank you very much for your awesome work!

Hey, that’s an old thread, but I thought I could share my project here. I’ve made a custom version of the Shopping List integration, that connects and syncs with your Bring Shopping List. You can have a look here and let me know if you like it: https://github.com/vlebourl/custom_shopping_list.

Do note it’s a work in progress and makes a lot of I/O inside event loop warnings for instance!

2 Likes

Hey! I don’t have a Username and Password for Bring but log in with Google. Will this still work somehow?
Nevermind! I was able to set a password in the App. :smiley:

Version 0.2 is out of beta with support for details. Put the details into brackets [details] to add them to the item.

Also added 0.3 beta with async calls to prevent those I/O warnings. Please let me know if you find some issues.

1 Like

Added a config flow in the last beta (0.3-beta4) to select the locale and the shopping list to sync among all existing Bring lists.

Testing would be much appriciated!

Installed and got this error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “c:\users\krad\appdata\local\programs\python\python38-32\lib\site-packages\homeassistant\config_entries.py”, line 228, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self) # type: ignore
File “C:\Users\Krad\AppData\Roaming.homeassistant\custom_components\shopping_list_init_.py”, line 131, in async_setup_entry
username = hass.data[DOMAIN][CONF_BRING_USERNAME]
KeyError: ‘shopping_list’

Hey,

Did a lot of changes since my last message, the beta was indeed broken…
I released version 0.4, including a new repository URL to match the manifest domain. You might have to uninstall the custom component and readd it from https://github.com/vlebourl/shopping_list

Then the configuration is done in the Configuration -> Integrations page

1 Like

Installation was very simple and everything seems to work well. I was wondering if I can use a different shopping list card?

1 Like

Not sure TBH. I haven’t used any other card than HA’s official one.

Thanks for your awesome work here, i love this integration🤗

the shopping list card stop working in Home Assistant Core 2022.5.5

Hi everybody,
I’ve choosen Bring! as my favourite family shopping list and I want to integrate with Home Assitant. Are there any chance to do it with the latest HA version or better to throw in the towel?
thanks

You can sync your Bring shopping list with Home Assistant Shopping list.
Please check this discussion.

my bring list still works

and sync with shopping list works too

I can confirm that the card and sync is also working for 2023.3 but since I just lately installed it through HACS - I can click on the individual item (list or recent items) but I can not move them in any way - or better to say uncheck them through the front end.

Hi,
Try to setup the Bring integration with HA 2023.3.6.
It works fine when adding an item from within HA but when I add an item via the app (Iphone) the list in HA is not updated.
Is this by design or have I missed something?
Regards,
Geert