Bring Shopping List

For me both is working and it appears in the shoppinglist as well as in the bring app .
Did you press the “+” icon after you typed your new item?

Hi Bastian,
Yes I did.
When I start from within the app (Iphone) the Item not added in the HA list.
When I start from HA (using the + sign) now I see that the Item is added to the list on both sides but existing items in the HA list which where deleted via the app in the meantime also stay in HA list.
In other words also when using HA the list get out of sync.

Any chance someone may take this custom integration on and fix the warning so this continues to work?

* Detected integration that uses save_json from homeassistant.util.json module. This is deprecated and will stop working in Home Assistant 2022.4, it should be updated to use homeassistant.helpers.json module instead. Please report issue to the custom integration author for shopping_list using this method at custom_components/shopping_list/__init__.py, line 433: save_json(self.hass.config.path(PERSISTENCE), self.items)

I installed this week and everything works fine for me. Check this

Yer it is still working in mine, just not sure how long it will continue to work given the deprecation.

It would be better if it didn’t override the in-built list function of HA, because if they update that in the future it’s going to break too.

Just happened now :frowning: With the great ToDo List Updates in 2023.11 the Bring HACS integration is broken.

I figured it would, the bring integration overwrites the native shopping list (poor design).

Hopefully someone with some python knowledge might be able to make it standalone.

Or if we can figure out the APIs it used, to just make some REST commands to do the same functionality

I checked the code already, the API part is completely separated and could be reused 1:1.
The other part probably easier to just rewrite as a new standalone ToDo List. I have Python knowledge but no HA integration knowledge :smile:
Thus hopefully there is someone else around

I realy want to re-write this to use the new HA To-Do list. It shouldnt be that hard, I just need to find the time over the next couple of weeks.

If anyone else gets to it before me, then go for it!

Update: I have an almost working prototype of an integration between Bring and the new HA todo list.

For every shopping list in bring, it creates a todo list.
I have some rough edges to work out around adding and removing items – its working but has some intermittent issues.

Hopefully in the next week or so I can sort those out.

2 Likes

So — i got stuck on Sydney’s wonderful public transport system, and turns out i was WAY closer than i thought.

Ive just installed this on my production instance of HA, via HACS and a manual repository, and it all appears to be working.

1 Like

How do i enter my Bring credentials?

Add the integration in the UI.

It will ask for username and password.

In my case not asking? just creating general (Local) shopping list

I’ve insatlled the Integration via HACS.
After restart of HA you can add under Settings / Devices & services / Integrations the new Bring integration.
Then you will receive the Popup for the credentials.

1 Like

Thanks for all your effort making Bring! comaptible with the new To-Do lists.

I’ve installed the integration sucessfully and my two lists appear under to-do with all the valid entries. Great!

Is there any Sync service which must be run periodically via automation like in the past or how is the sync done with the new integration?

Nope — it just connects to bring on the update interval, no need to call a service to update it. If you make a change on the Todo list (ie checking or deleting an item) that gets replicated to Bring straight away.

Although, you did just make me wonder if it wil hit some sort of rate limiting, so i might need to make it check less frequently. Its currently set to update every minute which might be too frequent.

2 Likes

I just learnt the hard way – dont delete a list from the app unless you plan on restarting HA :slight_smile:

Will attempt to handle that later.

Thanks great work, looks good

Good evening, I also installed the new version. It works well except for one small important detail. Many of my listed products have been translated into German. My original shopping list is in Italian and I am Italian.