Bring Shopping List

Someone else has reported this – I just cannot work out why!
Which version did you install first time around?

Have worked it out.

In hindsight it should have been obvious.

The native API is in german.
I am re implementing the translation logic and should have a fix out today.

You may need to remove and re-add the integration after the update in order to set the correct locale

This wasnt super obvious to me when creating it, as i use my Bring! lists as to-do lists, with phrases rather than single words, so the raw phrase was being returned.

1 Like

well it works you genius!!
now to try and make some fancy card for it so it looks nice for the wife :slight_smile:
Thank you again for all your work on this mate, it is appreciated!

Has anyone else noticed using Todo Lists via the nav bar on the right hand side is a little flakey and doesnt immediately update, but using a todo card on a lovelace dashboard is perfect ?

Not that ive noticed but havent used it much todat TBH, ill take a look tomorrow night

Thank you! Grazie! :yum:

Awesome, going to give this a go as soon as I get up to 2023.11.

Didnt want to as wife and use this all the time.

1 Like

Thank you for this. The shopping list is such an important part of home automation and everyone likes the ability to add things via voice assistants like Alexa and then it is in HA.

This one works very well : HA-Bring-ToDo-List ! Thanks!
But I cannot find a ToDo Lovelace Card to use it with … any ideas (links ) anyone?
THANKS!

I can’t find anything either, I’ve setup the below before sh00t2kill sorted the integration, it looks like Bring! but I have not a clue on how to get it to work or adapt it.

1 Like

There is a standard inbuilt one.

YAML config:

type: todo-list
entity: todo.bring_todo_home

Previously, when I used the shopping list, the path to product names was in /config/.shopping_list.json. The appropriate command could extract the shopping list as an entity attribute. After moving to Bring to-do list, the list of products is visible on the todo page, but how can I access it to use in TTS? The entity only returns the number of items on the list, not the names of the products.

I believe that hasn’t been implemented yet. Not a Bring-component issue, but a Todo list integration thing. It is, as it were, on the todo list.

Actually! 2023.12 adds this functionality:

First of all, there are two new services available. A much-requested service to list all items on a to-do list and a helpful service to remove all completed items from a to-do list.

If you’re brave enough to update to 2023.12.0, you should have the functionality you’re looking for. Myself, I might wait for 2023.12.2 or .3. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for getting this working again, its how HA got WAF approval, when it was gone…

1 Like

Anyone know how to navigate to a specific list?

What do you mean exactly?
Theres a todo lovelace card, you can add your list of choice.

Not sure if that helps or not though

I used to be able to just jump to the shopping list with a Url, but now as there are multiple, it doesn’t display the correct one when I go to the Url.

So wondering what the Url is if I want to show a specific list.

The shopping lovelace card just adds another list, doesn’t provide an option to show an existing todo list.

The todo lovelace card allows you to specific a specific list.

eg:

type: todo-list
entity: todo.bring_todo_home

Figured it out, it was an issue in 2023.11 that was resolved for 2023.12.

Can use the url:
https://hainstall:8123/todo?entity_id=todo.entity_id

and it will jump to the correct list.