Broadlink Integration - add support for RM4 Mini

I’ve discovered that my new RM4C mini with typeid 0x6539 works fine in Node-RED [node-red-contrib-broadlink-control] node, when I set my device type to 62be (type for older RM4c mini devices) in rmdevice config node. So it has just new typeid but works same as older RM4C mini devices. But I can’t manually override device type in HA integration :frowning:

It seems that if you edit broadlink/ init .py you can fix this issue. Problem is I don’t know where to find this file X)

New update, still no fix.

Did you ever find that file? I’ve got the same issue.

No luck at all

I’m also awaiting the pull-request to be added so i can reach my RM4C mini :innocent:

Unsupported device: 0x6539. If it worked before, please open an issue at Issues · home-assistant/core · GitHub
16:26:02 – broadlink (ERROR)

1 Like

I managed on HassOs supervised by opening SSH and type:

docker exec -it homeassistant /bin/bash
cd /./usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/broadlink
vi __init__.py

type i to get into editor mode
add this line:
    0x6539: (rm4, "RM4C mini",  "Broadlink"),
hit esc to leave editor mode
type :w to write changes to file
type :q! to exit vi

You should now be able to add the RM4Mini with id 0x6539 immediately

You only need this file change to add devices.
Note that this file change will not survive a server upgrade (however, any added broadlink device remain available once this line is re-added).

9 Likes

Thanks for your help. But i did the same thing and the error are here yet.

Added the line, but can’t add the integration. I need to run any docker command to enable this?

Seems the updated file can’t be accessed by the host, that says is device not supported.

Thanks in advance

Can you check your log and verify your typeid is 0x6539 ??
(you can see it in your logs…)

And if you re-open init.py with vi after you saved it…does it show the extra line ??

Thanks, my friend.

When you said that the edit will not survive a server reboot, i was fearful to try. Double checked and the file was edited and saved, but don’t work.

Mysteriously, wen i did a reboot, that works!

Thanks one more time for your help!

Weird…after a reboot my file is back in its original state, but the discovered RM4 remains …
Anyway, good that you got it working :wink:

Same error with RM4C mini

Unsupported device: 0x6539

1 Like

Thanks aceindy!
Like k7franklin, I had to reboot before it would work, but my rm4 mini has been added now.

I’m a Hass n00b and “installed” Hass by downloading the VHDX on my Hyper-V server… I suppose this method only works when you’ve installed Hass using the Supervised route?

Thanks in advance!

No. I use HASSIO and used ssh to access docker instance. But, for this works, i need to use community Web and Terminal addon and not the oficial ssh addon.

Thanks, will install those and give it a try!

Sorry, which addon? I only found ssh and terminal addon…

Thanks,
Paolo

SSH & Web Terminal, is avaliable in hacs, i think.

Thanks! Already installed!

Hmm…something fishy going on with 2020.12 updates… :tropical_fish:
I lost my RM4c mini 0x6539 after the update from 2020.12.0 to 2020.12.1…
Even restoring a snapshot did not bring it back.

Had to re-add the line once more to restore it (i did not have to re-install the integration or re-learn the IR codes)