Broadlink Integration - add support for RM4 Mini

Edit: now supported in 0.109

https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/broadlink/

Please add support for new Broadlink RM4 Mini to the Broadlink integration.

Have tried various supported devices in configuration.yaml, but consistently get following errors when calling the broadlink.learn service:

2019-12-03 17:51:15 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.139941084147472] Received {'type': 'call_service', 'domain': 'broadlink', 'service': 'learn', 'service_data': {'host': '192.168.0.171'}, 'id': 29}
2019-12-03 17:51:15 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event call_service[L]: domain=broadlink, service=learn, service_data=host=192.168.0.171>
2019-12-03 17:51:15 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.broadlink] Failed to connect to device
2019-12-03 17:51:15 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event system_log_event[L]: first_occured=1575355875.9585288, timestamp=1575355875.9585288, level=ERROR, message=Failed to connect to device, exception=, root_cause=None, source=components/broadlink/__init__.py, count=1>

Works in Google home and Broadlink app. IP address and MAC address confirmed correct.

Wellā€¦ I just tried all possible broadlink supported types in hopes that one would just work, none did.

More so, the RM4 Mini has the option of adding power cables that include sensors. Mine has humidity + temperature sensors and those donā€™t work with the broadlink sensor examples eitherā€¦

This device really does seem like a step forward in the right direction, itā€™s small and efficient, with modular sensor support. Would love to see this thing working with HA too soon.

There seems to be a thread started here for the same purpose:

I know that RM4 Mini and RM4C Mini are different devices, but the users there seem to be discussing about both products.

Cool. Reading that it looks like the RM4 uses a different APIā€¦ Donā€™t hold out much hope for it being added into the Hass Broadlink integration.

If anyone is interested in making their RM4 sort of work with HA, see the link below.

It uses webhooks and IFTTT, so is just an interim while I wait for something better. The automations I wrote may inspire other uses apart from a/c control.

any way to understand a pragmatic timeline for RM4 / HA / Broadlink component support?

A timeline will depend on if anyone can work out how the new API works. Broadlink seem to have stopped supporting local control.

And the RM4C as well as the RM4 Mini and RM4C mini. As I was told that the 4series would have the same system inside as the BroadLinks before I decided to buy these, but they are not working with the old phone apps, neither on Android or iOS and BroadLink manager doesnā€™t connect to the different SSID name of the devices which changed to Universal Remote.

Hi

Does the new HA release (v108.1) should support of RM4C mini ?
If so, how can I configure it ?

Regards,
Alex.

2 Likes

The last version of python-broadlink add support to series 4

Iā€™m using an RM4 mini as well and itā€™s not working Iā€™m afraid.

This is great, thanks @MiguelAngelLV :pray:
Is there a plan to add it to the offical Broadlink integration ?

Iā€™m a bit confused as I thought the RM4 was cloud API onlyā€¦

The python-broadlink update states however:

A simple Python API for controlling IR/RF controllers from [Broadlink](http://www.ibroadlink.com/rm/). At present, the following devices are currently supported:

* RM Pro (referred to as RM2 in the codebase)
 * A1 sensor platform devices are supported
 * RM3 mini IR blaster
 * RM4 and RM4C mini blasters

but then goes on to say:

There is currently no support for the cloud API.

Ok - @friendodevil - been sticking pretty close to the python-broadlink GIT and this link:

and it looks like it is on the way. You can if you are in a hurry attempt to clone the broadlink integration into your custom components directory, then install the new version files into that. You will need the latest HA though, 0.108.6.

Otherwise it may not get relaeased to 0.109ā€¦

Yes please add the support for the RM4 because i canā€™t connect my sensors :upside_down_face:

They are looking for RM4 sensor testers if you are keen:

Hi Zoogara

Iā€™m more than happy to do some testing, but no idea how to do it. I canā€™t find a guide anywhere.
Iā€™m familiar with GIT and Iā€™m running the Docker version.

Thanks
Mark

Hi zoogara,

Thanks for the link, but where can i learn the 433 mhz codes for the 4 mini yhe broadlink on windows donā€™t work fot the 4 versionā€¦

RM4 Mini is IR only, are you sure you donā€™t mean the Pro?

@markxtra they found some testers and the code for RM4 has been merged with the dev stream.

I guess the best idea now is to wait for the next release which should have support for all RM4 types.

RM4C mini seems to be supported on version 0.109

1 Like