Broadlink IR Climate Component

Be aware that the Broadlink RM Pro (non ‘+’ version) has a built in temperature probe that can be used as a temperature sensor in HA.

1 Like

Looks to have missed a component, had only used the switch for the IR control.

I have the rm mini 3 and have it linked to the aircon. I have added this to google home via the broadlink ihr action/skill in the GH app and the aircon comes up and can be controlled as an aircon unit.

Does this module basically do the same thing? Gets exposed to GH as an air-conditioner unit?
Does it also show as a device in HA?

I’m thinking I could just use the custom google command plugin and create input devices that just sends “turn on air-conditioner” until I get motivated to get all the IR codes from the remote!

Also, been reading a bit of this and about how to know what the status is if someone uses the remote.
How long does the ‘learn code’ mode stay on for when HA calls it?
Can that time be increased?

My idea was if the broadlink device could stay in that learn mode, then if someone uses the aircon remote HA would get what IR code was sent and could somehow match it against the codes in the IR ini file and update the device attributes.

Probably not feasible, but would be nice if that was possible :slightly_smiling_face:

Anyone have any luck compiling a .ini for Perfect Aire AC Unit with a R09B/BGE remote?

@kiwijunglist Hey fellow kiwi! I have the exact same heatpump. Which IR code are you using with it? If you have customised it to have more fan speeds than just low,mid,high as supported by the unit, could you share the file?

Also GENIUS solution to understanding its state!

The captured code will NOT be the same as issued one. It just mean that the ini is not compatible with your model.

Test it by directly issue the json of the test code to the RM unit.

Yes, but the build in sensor is always too hot to be accurate. From my experience, it is around 3 degree C higher in most cases.

My experience as well. But you could just create a new sensor that subtracts 3 degrees from the broadlink sensor.

Got some issue with the homebridge.
While I ask SIRI to turn on and off the AC, Siri said its done but no code to sent.

Initially I have not set the idle or off option in the climate yaml and thus the AC will never switch off by command. Once I set default_operation: “off”
I seem cannot ask siri to send the off code, instead, it will switch the FAN speed to 0 percent which I am not sure on what HA will handle this.

If I alter the temperature in the Home App on ios, it will sent the code (although I cannot tell if the code is correct as my aircon has no display on it).

climate:
  • platform: broadlink
    name: Home AC
    host: 192.168.xxx.xxx
    mac: ‘xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx’
    ircodes_ini: ‘broadlink_climate_codes/hitachi.ini’
    min_temp: 16
    max_temp: 30
    target_temp: 27
    temp_sensor: sensor.xiaomi_ap_temp
    default_operation: “off”
    default_fan_mode: auto
    customize:
    operations:
    - “off”
    - cool
    - heat
    - dry
    fan_modes:
    - low
    - mid
    - high
    - auto

Not in my experience, I believe location of the Broadlink would have a huge factor in temperature influence. Mine is less than 1degC out from the built in AC sensor on the remote, mounted in the usual position on the wall.

Its fine for me. I uses the temperature sensor from Xiaomi Air Purifier which is far more accurate in most cases. As it measure the flowing air.

I use the codes from github page. The only codes i added we take ones. However I’ve subsequently worked out how to update the status without interacting directly with the component by using the api. I recognize your user name from another forum. Gpforums. Geekzone. Ozbargain. Choicecheapies. Mpforum??

There are two panasonics on github, which did you use? (Save me some time figuring this out). If you add any custom codes, please let me know, and I will do the same :slight_smile:

ha, possible MP forum. I use a different username on Geekzone.

Just to be clear, they have change the git repo, so there are now two panasonic codes:

https://github.com/vpnmaster/homeassistant-custom-components/tree/master/broadlink_climate_codes

panasonic_CS-RE_GKE.ini

panasonic_CS-RE_GKE.ini - Github has low / med / high / auto for hot / cool.

1 Like

doesn’t do that.

it shows as a climate device in HA and can be exposed to google via HA if you have that setup.

Thanks, I will use that. Annoying it does not have all four levels of power.