Broadlink IR Climate Component

I’ve got a Daikin AC that hasn’t been covered yet. I’m using the RM Mini and spent a couple of hours to record all of the settings from my remote. I setup the broadlink switch and recorded using the learn_command service. When testing it with my AC, only about 10-20% of the configurations actually seem to work. As an example, 72,cool,auto works (the AC beeps and adjusts like it should) but 73,cool,auto doesn’t seem to do anything. Is there a trick to making sure that the remote command is reproduced properly?

Yea, Id like to add one additional [optional] drop down options for modes.

Temperature:

Operation:

Fan mode:

Swing mode:

It would however require about a lot more codes. Eg for 4x swing modes you need to enter 4x as many ir codes as the are ir codes in the existing file. Adding two additional operation modes
would be impossible to do by hand.

Hi guys,
Does anyone have a problem with controlling operation_mode via automation? Today i noticed that my climate automation is not working. Even broadlink media player command is not working.

Here is what i have in my automation

action:
service: climate.set_operation_mode
entity_id: climate.living_room
data:
  operation_mode: 'off'
service: media_player.turn_off
entity_id: media_player.denon

My current version is 0.75

Hey Guys… Any idea how to fix my broadlink? Tried old and new version. On docker… still getting errors :frowning:

No suggestions unfortunately, have you considered using venv instead? IMHO, I found Docker to be a huge pain in the ass and I moved away from it sometime ago. Haven’t had any issues since.

I might be biased, been used to fat virtualization for far too long, and the idea of updating whole images to apply simple software updates seemed wasteful.

Thanks… Don’t know what is venv and how to use it. Using many dockers and found it the easiest way to run stuff without destroying host or other containers. Do you mean this method of installation?

https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/installation/synology/

Looks heavily dependent on core python to be upgraded which can affect other system stuff too…

I am hoping this issue is fixed for docker people… must be others like me… Happy to help and bug test for developer to get this fixed. Or can revert to a particular Broadlink file version if I know which one to. Just want my old config to start working.

I meant this one

But yes, I believe the underlying python version can affect the virtual environments underneath so you could impact other containers. Whilst my rPi does run a lot of stuff on it, I only use one python application, HA.

Having a quick look, it does appear you can run different python version on different venv containers though.

is it possible to make the AC turn off when desired temperature is reached and on again when its above with a few degrees ?

Everything seems to work besides this. I can control it from the interface but once on it stays on forever.

Would be easy to do with an automation.

this would be removing the A/C’s inbuilt capability to maintain the room temperature. Any reason for wanting to do that?

Yea an automation would be a workaround but i thought this works similar to heating climate. ( Stops when reached and has a temperature margin )

Want to stop it for eco reasons and noise :slight_smile: And this AC does not stop once reaching the temp… goes lower.

I could be wrong and @sparkydave could confirm, but I think you would be using more energy with stop-starts.

definitely if its a nice new A/C because they arent just a straight on/off control system, they carefully regulate the temperature. Using HA to control the temp on and off the way that @pixeldublu is referring to is very basic temperature control, that of many years ago. Switchingthe unit on and off externally would just be silly. No offense @pixeldublu . Just trying to help as I’d hate for you to put all the effort into creating automations to make something less efficient. A lot of the reason we automate things is to increase efficiency. ie: lights switching on and off in a room based on motion / presence rather than having lights left on all the time

Thanks for this guide i was able to controll my LG mini split without issues.

Does anyone has been able to succesfuly integrate this with node red ???
I can call the Jsons from HA :
{“entity_id”:" climate.lg",“operation_mode”: “cool”}
{“entity_id”:" climate.lg",“operation_mode”: “off”}

HA but in node red i cant seem to get it to work

Hi there, first time posting…
I have my HA up and running since 3 weeks and i’m already addicted. Not enought experience to solve some misleading configuration o problem so i have to ask some help.

I have broadlink rm pro plus working in switch.yaml with no problem (it sends command RF or IR as i need)
I managed to configure this custom component climate and it shows up even as a climate.
Everything seems ok so i began to map my aircon (Hisense Apple Pie) in the ini file . It’s a time consuming operation , so in the middle i tried to chek if it’s worth… and i have no operation working at all in the custom component. the UI is ok, it says in the “tooltip” that the service has been called, but no signal is sent from the broadlink.

In android IHC app it works. In tasker it works , in HA switch it works. So i assume something is not working in the custom component . Any suggestion?

EDIT: Self Solved: :slight_smile: i had to clear the phyton cache every time i modify the ini file. good to know. now it works. I only have to figure out how to manage the way hisense switch on the climate. On and off are the same button/ code.

1 Like

Hi,
This great work and it work like a charm in general; however in my situation, i have the house controlled by OPUS with http://procontrol.com/ remote controls display panel in the rooms. using the control pro i managed to run some commands and switch on and off. My question, is it possible to set the up down arrows to two single commands rather than lining them to the temp displayed? so when pressing up or down it send a single command to modify the desired temp up or down. the drop down is fine since the control has speed and I linked them.

Thanks in advance.

I’ve been searching throughout, and can’t seem to find this:
Working with a Fujitsu Halcyon, is there any way for this all to work in Fahrenheit instead of celsius? Even if I have to manually change commands, or whatever.

Thanks

I don’t know with your specific brand, but many HVACs require you to send the whole packet. That said, this custom component allows you to simply specify up and down, and automatically checks your IR code file to send the complete package through.

I have made a design in Floorplan on a tablet which works like this, pressing an up arrow graphic will tell the component in home assistant to adjust one degree up. My button triggers a home assistant script which in turn adjust one degree.

It is not clear for me which part I need to change. The code file has codes for a specific temp settings which the frontend element refer to in order to send the actual packet. My issue is that there is no specific temp to be sent by the remote, it is only up temp or down temp and the same code repeat.

I have little knowledge of coding but need some help to know what to look for.
appreciate your help on this.

Does your AC remote have a display where all the current settings are shown?
Usually an AC remote does have such a display and when you press a temperature plus or minus button it calculated the new temperature and sends it to the unit with all other parameters.