Broadlink issues on synology

Hi, a year or so ago I managed to get HA and broadlink working on my synology ds214. I upgraded to ds218 and now having issues getting it to work.

I’m running HA 0.64.3 due to the python version restriction. In order to get HA running I also needed to change pip to 9.0.1.

Logs indicate that it tries to install broadlink==0.5.1 but then errors out.

2018-11-06 23:43:14 INFO (Thread-7) [homeassistant.util.package] Attempting install of https://github.com/balloob/python-broadlink/archive/3580ff2eaccd267846f14246d6ede6e30671f7c6.zip#broadlink==0.5.1

2018-11-06 23:45:34 ERROR (Thread-7) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package https://github.com/balloob/python-broadlink/archive/3580ff2eaccd267846f14246d6ede6e30671f7c6.zip#broadlink==0.5.1: Command “/volume1/@appstore/py3k/usr/local/bin/python3 -u -c “import setuptools, tokenize;file=‘/tmp/pip-build-w4bm964n/pycryptodome/setup.py’;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘open’, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(‘\r\n’, ‘\n’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘exec’))” install --record /tmp/pip-emn4hj_5-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --prefix --compile --user --prefix=” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-w4bm964n/pycryptodome/

2018-11-06 23:45:34 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event system_log_event[L]: exception=, level=ERROR, timestamp=1541565934.5832355, source=util/package.py, message=Unable to install package https://github.com/balloob/python-broadlink/archive/3580ff2eaccd267846f14246d6ede6e30671f7c6.zip#broadlink==0.5.1: Command “/volume1/@appstore/py3k/usr/local/bin/python3 -u -c “import setuptools, tokenize;file=‘/tmp/pip-build-w4bm964n/pycryptodome/setup.py’;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘open’, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(‘\r\n’, ‘\n’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘exec’))” install --record /tmp/pip-emn4hj_5-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --prefix --compile --user --prefix=” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-w4bm964n/pycryptodome/>

2018-11-06 23:45:34 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.requirements] Not initializing switch.broadlink because could not install requirement https://github.com/balloob/python-broadlink/archive/3580ff2eaccd267846f14246d6ede6e30671f7c6.zip#broadlink==0.5.1

I tried installing broadlink directly using pip but 0.5.1 isn’t available. So I tried every main version. The only version that installed successfully was 0.2. But even with that installed, when I run HA, it still tries to install 0.5.1 and fails.

The error I see when installing all the newer versions of broadlink:

/usr/local/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi-ccache-gcc -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -Wunreachable-code -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -DSYNO_FIX_FLAG_BUG -DOPENSSL_NO_SSL3 -DOPENSSL_NO_SSL2 -mhard-float -mfpu=vfpv3 -march=armv7-a -mcpu=cortex-a9 -mtune=cortex-a9 -DSYNOPLAT_F_ARMV7 -O2 -fno-diagnostics-show-caret -Wno-unused-local-typedefs -include /usr/syno/include/platformconfig.h -DSYNO_ENVIRONMENT -DBUILD_ARCH=32 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -g -DSDK_VER_MIN_REQUIRED=600 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Wformat-security -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -Wno-unused-result -fPIC -DLTC_NO_ASM -Isrc/ -I/volume1/@appstore/py3k/usr/local/include/python3.5m -c src/MD2.c -o build/temp.linux-armv7l-3.5/src/MD2.o
unable to execute ‘/usr/local/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi-ccache-gcc’: No such file or directory
error: command ‘/usr/local/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi-ccache-gcc’ failed with exit status 1

----------------------------------------

Command “/usr/local/bin/python3 -u -c “import setuptools, tokenize;file=‘/tmp/pip-build-onf7rhfo/pycryptodome/setup.py’;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘open’, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(‘\r\n’, ‘\n’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘exec’))” install --record /tmp/pip-p42m8zqk-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-onf7rhfo/pycryptodome/

Any suggestions?

I’m not really sure where to go from here. Any suggestions are really appreciated.

I ran into the same error (unable to execute /usr/local/arm/...) trying to install HA on my DS214+ (no docker, just python 3.8). The error occured during install of bcrypt python package (pip install bcrypt), which depends on the cffi package. So, pip install cffi was the smallest amount of work that failed with that error.

I was able to resolve this particular error by setting the CC environment variable to the gcc binary, which I installed using Entware (export CC=/opt/bin/gcc).

However, the next error was that /usr/syno/include/platformconfig.c is missing. I am not able to resolve that error up to now, even when symlinking this (yet non existing) include dir to /opt/include - platformconfig.h is not present there. More frustratingly, my search efforts for platformconfig.h did not give me any more hints…

I am having the same problem trying to install Dash on my DS218. I was able to get past the gcc program and am now stuck with the missing platformconfig.h error.