Broadlink Manager - Nicer way to Learn and Send IR/RF commands

Hi Everyone,
BroadlinkManager Docker is now available for arm based devices.
Just use the “latest” tag, and that’s it.

I would love to see this as an addon that we could run directly from our home assistant instance.

1 Like

Is there a fix for 0x649b devices yet? I just installed the latest docker image - works on my RM3 mini but not my RM4 Pro.

2 Likes

Hi,

i’ve installed to docker
docker run -d --name=broadlinkmanager --net=host techblog/broadlinkmanager:latest

But it doesn’t find my RM4 Pro 0x653c
Is it supposed to work?

Hey, thanks for the cool programm!
I just got my RM4 Pro (0x649b) and it says it’s unsupported. I’m using the manager through docker on a RPi 4.
Any workarounds or planned fixes?

Best regards!

1 Like

Not trying to hi-jack this great thread…
You can use lirc like commands to send individual hex codes with irDroid.

Do you plan on adding support for the RM4 TV mate? I tried adding it via the broadlink integration and got a “device not supported error”. For reference, the device id is “0x5209”

1 Like

Hi All,
Added support for the following RM Devices:
0x653c: (rm4, “RM4 pro”, “Broadlink”)
0x649B: (rm4, “RM4 pro”, “Broadlink”)
0x653a: (rm4, “RM4 mini”, “Broadlink”)
Just make sure to pull the latest version.

2 Likes

Hi @2006yamahar6,
I’ll check it and if it possible I’ll add the support for this device.

@Tomer_Klein Can you please add RM4mini 0x648d? Thx

Hi folks,

Is there any way around sending rolling codes ? I am trying to automate RF433 roller shutters, and they have wireless RF433 controllers.

There is no wired switch to 'hack" into, as such. I tried to learn and send codes using Broadlink RM4 Pro, and found out the remotes send rolling codes.

Is there a solution for such situations ?
Cheers.

I doubt rolling codes are supported by broadlink, they generally aren’t because security…

You could source a 2nd remote and hard-wire a relay across the switch button.

I had the same problem with my Somfy blinds. I found the following two links
https://github.com/Nickduino/Somfy_Remote
and I implemented this:
https://github.com/RoyOltmans/somfy_esp8266_remote_arduino
Because the Somfy blinds use a slightly different freq, I had to buy replacement crystals and solder them in place (as described in the links). It works perfectly. I have even created timed covers so I can use s slider to open or close partially.

The Broadlink is great for remote power sockets (the old kind that had 4 button remotes). I have also added controlleres to some roller blinds that the Broadlink controls
Kogan SmarterHome™ Smart Blinds Driver I don’t connect them to the app, just learn the RF remote commands.

1 Like

Hi @Groto,
0x648d is already supported

Oh ok. Any idea why it would show up as not supported in the UI? That is what I am seeing. Thanks

Will check it

Thank you!

OK I can’t tell if I’m being an idiot or missing something or what. I’ve got an RM2 Pro Plus3 and I’m trying to pair a TC2 switch. These switches have always worked fine but for some reason two of mine have randomly scrambled their pairings so I need to re-pair them. The e-Control app is now totally broken, I think Broadlink have turned off the servers or something. Anyway.

I’ve got it running on a Pi and can connect to my RM2 absolutely fine. I press Learn RF Code, then press and hold my TC2 switch. Nothing happens. This is all I get from the log output:

Device:[IP address] entering RF learning mode
Device:[IP address] is sweeping for frequency
Device:[IP address] RF Frequency not found!

And that’s it. That’s all it will ever do. What am I missing here? Am I throwing away all my TC2 switches and looking for something else, or is there a way of getting these to work again?

Is there an update to the windows version for the RM4Pro please?

Any update on this? Thanks!