Broadlink Manager - Nicer way to Learn and Send IR/RF commands

Hi! I can’t manage to learn RF codes properly, the app gets stucked waiting for the button press and nothing else happens. I can learn them in the broadlink app, but I don’t know how to extract the codes from there neither.

Someone succesful with RF codes?

AFAIK, nobody, including myself, have had success using this app for learning RF codes. A recurring subject in this thread, scroll up, and you will see several mentioning the same.

The app is great, but I think it’s built using libraries that don’t support RF learning. For IR, it works stellar, though.

1 Like

Ok thenk you, and there is a way that works for learning them? I also tryed using the service broadlink.learn without luck.

Hi @Ragnar_Bull-Nielsen ,
this is correct, i have some problems with the RF.
Working on complete new version that is based on newer version of the brodlink.net.
as for now it;s working well but i have some work to do before i’m releasing it.

4 Likes

That’s not true it worked perfectly fine for me.

IR or RF? What devices? It would seem that you are the only one if it is indeed RF

My sentiments exactly.

Thank you a lot for your work, I will wait patiently the new release!

RF devices. I add all of my fans (4 fans total) and two rf plugs. As a matter of fact I couldn’t get IR to work for me when I tried to learn the codes from my robot vacuum after I successfully learned the RF codes.

Hi all,
i just got an RM Pro+ 2019 (RM34) but the Broadlink.WinApp doesn’t find it after i paired it.

Can u update the application for the new model please ?

How can i find the device type number ?

Hi All,

I am having an issue while trying to learn RF codes.I can learn RF codes in the app however the manager does not appear to learn them the orange light turns on once i hold the button on the remote the light turns of then on again but no change in the UI. Any advice.

Cheers

1 Like

This app not open in windows…any people know why? thanks…

Tearing my hair out over getting Broadlink RM Mini 3s working in Home Assistant (or anything aside from their app/Google Home).

I can learn commands fine using the Broadlink app on my phone, but when I open the Broadlink Manager executable, it finds the device easily enough, then says “Connected…” but never spits out the IP/MAC and says “Ready to use” as illustrated here:

Anyone know what would be causing this?

@ jmyler12
Could you share the json code for RF codes? I can generate my own codes so I can learn them to receivers but since I also cannot learn codes from my remote with BM I only know the format for IR codes:

{
  "ID": "",
  "Key": "",
  "Name": "",
  "Code": "",
  "Base64": "",
}

But if I use this format for RF codes it doesn’t work so I’m guessing there should be a parameter to let the program know it should be send as a RF code.
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Terribly sorry for the screenshot but I’m on my mobile and configurator won’t let me copy.

Thank you, but that is your HA configuration, not the commands.json from Broadlink Manager.
See: C:\Users\ YOUR USER \AppData\Roaming\Broadlink

Oh sorry man. I haven’t run this in a long while and I’ve since got a new computer (mac) from work so I don’t even have a windows machine to run this on anymore.

I buyed the new Broadlink bestcon RM4C, but it don’t work with broadlink manager.
I have it configured and working with broadlink app, but broadlink manager show me this after a scan:

Looking for devices...
Found device : Unknown [192.168.1.27]
Writing compatible device not detected!

I have tried this and sadly it doesn’t work for me. My RM Mini 3 device id is 0x5f36 and I just bought it new. I guess Broadlink have made some changes to the firmware and there is a compatibility issue that will require some changes to the Broadlink library. I am able to discover the device…

# broadlink_cli --type 0x5f36 --host 192.168.1.121 --mac xxxxxxxxxxxx
Device file data (to be used with --device @filename in broadlink_cli) :
0x5f36 192.168.1.121 xxxxxxxxxxxx
temperature = False

But when I try the learn command the white LED does not appear and the learn operation times out :sob:

I am getting the same with a RM4C