Broadlink Manager - Nicer way to Learn and Send IR/RF commands

Broadlink manager is a stand alone software.
You only use it to get the codes of your remotes then copy paste that to home assistant

i know :wink: Have installed docker , and trying to find out how to install tomers app in it but cant find out :slight_smile:

Just use it on a normal windows computer.
I use it on our normal computer and have HA installed on a Raspberry

How do we install on Docker inside HomeAssistant?

I clicked Add Container, and put:
image: techblog/broadlinkmanager
network: host
restart: unless-stopped

and canā€™t access trough rpi_IP:7020

And if I go to container and check status, it says running but gives the error:

Failure

Container 5ebbad7e88bd64215a15f325d0958066f11c87c0dd393a1d7b25b894245e04b0 is restarting, wait until the container is running

In Log panel:

standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused "exec format error"

would be nice if it comes ass home assistant add-on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tried to run on Docker installed on my MacOS and canā€™t reach localhost:7020ā€¦

I says runningā€¦here are the logsā€¦can anyone help me? I recently bought Broadlink RM Pro+ and canā€™t setup in Home Assistantā€¦

* Serving Flask app "broadlinkmanager" (lazy loading)

* Environment: production

WARNING: This is a development server. Do not use it in a production deployment.

Use a production WSGI server instead.

* Debug mode: on

* Running on http://0.0.0.0:7020/ (Press CTRL+C to quit)

* Restarting with stat

* Debugger is active!

* Debugger PIN: 188-230-330

Iā€™m totally out of luckyā€¦Broadlink Manager didnā€™t run neither on Windows 7 (shows an error when starting and donā€™t show up) or Windows 10 (simply shows nothing)ā€¦too bad :sleepy:

Same error under Qnap NAS - Container station.

@alexspires I think you should forward the port from container to your RPi IP Address

I have also have problem with broadlink manmagerā€¦it just says ā€œLooking for devicesā€¦ā€, but on my phone I can control via broadlink app my rm3 mini for example my air conditionerā€¦

@Tomer_Klein Thanks for the Docker solution! I got it running on my PC, but can only access the GUI if I bind port 7020:7020 at which point the docker cannot scan/detect my RM4 Mini.

Using ā€œ-network hostā€ gives me ā€œ* Running on http://0.0.0.0:7020/ (Press CTRL+C to quit)ā€ like @alexspires. I donā€™t think this is correct, I am assuming I am making some configuration error in starting the docker. I am able to ping the RM4 Mini from the same PC I am running the docker on.

Could you give me some tip in the right way?

Thanks!

Got the same as @GorkyV hereā€¦

Managed to run and access the HTTP GUI but it didnā€™t find the broadlinkdevice.

Always stay: Searching For Devicesā€¦

Command I used:

docker run --publish=7020:7020 techblog/broadlinkmanager

For Debug:

* Serving Flask app "broadlinkmanager" (lazy loading)

* Environment: production

WARNING: This is a development server. Do not use it in a production deployment.

Use a production WSGI server instead.

* Debug mode: on

* Running on http://0.0.0.0:7020/ (Press CTRL+C to quit)

* Restarting with stat

* Debugger is active!

* Debugger PIN: 225-592-874

172.17.0.1 - - [14/Jun/2020 13:34:02] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 -

172.17.0.1 - - [14/Jun/2020 13:34:05] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 -

172.17.0.1 - - [14/Jun/2020 13:34:05] "GET /generator HTTP/1.1" 200 -

172.17.0.1 - - [14/Jun/2020 13:34:06] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 -

172.17.0.1 - - [14/Jun/2020 13:34:07] "GET /discover HTTP/1.1" 200 -

172.17.0.1 - - [14/Jun/2020 13:34:10] "GET /discover HTTP/1.1" 200 -

1 Like

Hi @alexspires,
You must run the docker with Host network mode and not the default(bridged).

Hi, first of all thank you for making the effort of creating this software and allowing us to use it! I have been trying to use it to learn RF commands from my RM2 device. However, I am unable to.

I have managed to install and run the container on a raspberry pi 4. For those having problems, you cannot use the docker hub image directly as it is not compiled for armhf architectures. You need to point directly to the github and change the following line in the Dockerfile to create the image properly on raspbian:

RUN apt install python3-pip --yes

for

RUN apt install python3-pip libffi-dev libssl-dev --yes

Anyways, I have successfully run the container and my broadlink device is found as:

RM2 Pro Plus3	0x279d

However, when I try to learn RF commands, it complains on the second stepā€¦

btw, this is similar to the error that I got using the windows program, I was never able to learn RF commands. The device works and learns RF using the e-control android app thoughā€¦

Any ideas to further debug this?

Hi @jrhbcn,
i had a small bug in the RF Learning Method that i have fixed tody.
pull the latest version and try.

Many thanks @Tomer_Klein, after updating to latest it works perfectly. Finally I am getting rid of the android app.

btw, I am no expert if docker technologies but is it possible to add an armhf architecture to docker hub so we can use your images directly in a raspberry pi? Or even better creating an addon for HA? Donā€™t know if it is an easy thing (adding something lines to a config file) or it really needs some serious effort.

In any case, many thanks for this.

Hi @jrhbcn,
Iā€™m very happy to see that is now working for you.
as for the armhf / HA addon, iā€™m currently working on it (also runing the manager on windows / Linux without docker).

5 Likes

Wow, excellent! Let me know if you need any help testing it! Thanks.

We need one without docker cause Iā€™m a total noob and I have no idea what a docker is.

1 Like

Hi There, This is great I have it up and running in unraid and can learn codes. (using my harmony remote to teach :smiley:) .

One thing that would be great would be if when learning the codes there was a second box that output the base64 encoded version. at the moment Iā€™m learning the code, copying the code, going to the converter, pasting the code, converting the code, copying the converted code, and finally pasting into my home assistant config. When doing a few codes this can get a little long winded :smiley:

Thanks for the hard work though it really is great.

Thanks for the Docker version. I too had not much idea what to do with it but as I have HA Supervised installed, I had the Portainer add-on installed so added the docker from there, works a treat.

1 Like