Broadlink Manager - Nicer way to Learn and Send IR/RF commands

Hello! Any chance this can be used to “suck” already learned commands from a RM Mini 3? I found out that the Broadlink integration for HA only allows me to send commands learned through HA, but I have my LG TV already set up with the Broadlink app and I’d rather not go through the hassle of pressing all the buttons again.

Great instuctions. worked 100% for my rm4 pro. Now can control all the fans in my home!!! Thank you Ahmed.

See here

2 Likes

Cheers matey

Thanks for this. I tried setting up this up on a raspberry pi in docker using docker compose.

https://hub.docker.com/r/techblog/broadlinkmanager

Getting the error

standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused "exec format error"

Any thoughts.

I might have missed something obvious, but is this some device/integration you’re using? How do you get each fan speed to show up like that in the frontend?

I’m new at using docker on windows. I’m trying to set up Broadlink manager through Compose, but it’s not working. Anyone who can help?

Container is running:

which I did with command “docker-compose -f D:\compose\docker-compose.yml up”, the yml being exactly what Tomer_Klein suggests:

version: “3.6”
services:
broadlinkmanager:
image: techblog/broadlinkmanager
network_mode: host
container_name: broadlinkmanager
restart: always
restart: unless-stopped
volumes:
- ./broadlinkmanager:/opt/broadlinkmanager/data

When I try http://localhost:7020 though, I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED, same when I try my local 192.168.1.x:7020 IP.

HI
In my case It worked only one time (I think because I accepted code on broadlink app and I was able to open my gate via broadlink app.)
In any case I get code on file “broadlink_remote_xxxxxxxxxxxxx_codes”, so.
Now I resetted broadlink to default and re-putted the wifi data on it. I stopped procedure and I can found rem4 into my wifi.
I’m trying to activate remote sending via this config

entity_id: remote.broirrf
device: cancello dk1
command: “b64:JgAcAAsIDAAMOxEAAhAUAAHiJgAB9BAACCQRDgkADQUAAAAAAAAAAAAA”
num_repeats: 1
delay_secs: 0.75
hold_secs: 2.5

But nothing changed

How can I use propertly rf code acquired (if that code will ok, of course)…
Thank you

Did you ever get this to work?

Hello mate

You should never accept the RM4 if it learns before Home Assistant, in such case you reject the code and redo the learning again, but now because you accepted the code, you need to restart the process from step 1 as stated in my lengthy post

Cheers

With the method in my lengthy post, you don’t need to even use the code, you only use the command you specified while learning, like On, Off, Speed1, etc, these commands will be replaced by the learned codes in the "broadlink_remote_xxxxxxxxxxxxx_codes” file

For me work only if I put codes, with b64: before
I tried to write a script with command “Open” and device “cancello dk2”
but didn’t work.

[quote=“Danros3, post:374, topic:58770”]
“broadlink_remote_xxxxxxxxxxxxx_codes”, so.
Now I resetted broadlink to default and re-putted the wifi data on it. I stopped procedure and I can found rem4 into my wifi.
I’m trying to activate remote sending via this config

command: “b64:JgAcAAsID
[/quote]’’

If you have the broadlink_remote_xxxxxxxxxxxxx_codes file already after learning. The command should be the command you use during the learn portion. So should look like:

command: Open

I got the Broadlink Manager running in Docker, but I can’t get it to learn any RF codes. I click the “Learn RF Code” button and then hold down the button on my remote, but eventually it just says “RF Frequency not found!”

This is the same RF remote that I used the Broadlink iOS app to learn just fine. What am I missing here?

Did you ever figure out a way to do this? It’s incredibly annoying to have to use Home Assistant or these alternative methods to learn RF codes instead of just importing them/using the devices setup in the Broadlink app. Almost every other integration works the way you’re describing, but I’m guessing this is a limitation of the Broadlink API.

I made a bit of progress, but it’s a workaround rather than a solution. Someone made a Python utility that parses the database of the old e-Control app and outputs a file that can be used with HA: https://github.com/NightRang3r/Broadlink-e-control-db-dump

It works, but there’s a caveat: only the custom remotes allow you to specify a name for the buttons. So, if you downloaded the codes for a specific remote (say, LG TV), or used something like a “TV generic” and then cloned the codes for the physical remote, you get a file full of hex codes and you don’t know which one is which.

However, something that the e-Control database does register for every type of remote is the icon of each button. So I figured I could extend the functionality of the utility to create a name for each button based on its icon if a name hadn’t been specified, but I haven’t got to it yet.

1 Like

Thanks, that sounds like it would work just fine for me (I only have custom remotes)…except I don’t have an Android device. Will look into emulator I suppose.

1 Like

I have quite strange problem when recording RF codes using RM4 Pro and broadlink_cli running on Power Shell.

Until recently I have used my RM4 Pro with newest Broadlink app (blue icon), programmed to work with Google Assistant via IFTTT. It worked OK with all my devices (IR aircon, TV and RF courtain motors). Even tried pro IFTTT account for a while, but I have decided to move fully to HA in order to integrate with other devices and services.

I run broadlink_cli using Power Shell because it seemed to be the quickest setup on hardware available to me. RM4 Pro is working fine, and python is fetching RF codes - but here starts the problem.

The first two RF devices (courtain motors in my case) work properly. Both python via Power Shell (–send hex) and Home Assistant script are closing and opening blinds without problems, utilizing RF codes learnt by RM4 Pro from the RF remote.

However the next few motors which worked OK with Broadlink app (fixed 433 codes) do not answer to RF codes fetched by broadlink_cli and then send by the same script or HA through RM4 Pro. Everything seems to be exactly the same: same motors, same remote (different channels, but still the first 2 devices work fine, so it shall not play any role), same RM4 Pro, etc.

I noticed that hex/base64 codes that are learnt by broadlink_cli differs depending on the pressing time of the button (in the 1st phase of learning). The codes are 100% fixed, not rolling, because all the devices worked flawlessly with Broadlink app, until I decided to move to HA.

The most frustrating part is that 2 out of 10 same devices work all right, RM4 Pro sends the signal (led indicates action), but next devices (let’s call them 3 and up) don’t react. The learnt codes seems to be incorrect, but they come from the dedicated remote.

Any suggestions?

Edit:
Managed to make the 3rd one working with @AhmedBahgat procedure. HA recorded a pair of b64 codes which started to control the device through HA panel.

I also modified broadlink_cli code to bulk-record the same RF remote button over 30 times and all hex were different. My remote operates in 24bit, 433.92 MHz RF.

I just picked up an RM3 mini and it is the 0x5f36 version. As others found the Windows version of Broadlink Manager doesn’t work with this, howerver the Docker version works perfectly. There is a functionallity “missing” from the Docker version that would be really nice to have which is the bulk learning of IR codes which are saved off to a file for easy processing into HA config switches etc.
@Tomer_Klein Is there any possability that could be added ?

I have been having some issues with learning RF codes. I tried the Windows Version of Broadlink Manager, but that didn’t work for me - it found the RM Pro3 but didn’t work when I tried to learn a code.

I then tried the Raspberry Pi version of Broadlink Manager as described here:
https://en.techblog.co.il/2020/06/24/installing-broadlinkmanager-on-raspberry-pi/
(as already posted above) and that worked for me. It did mean I had to install it on another memory card from HomeAssistant and switch between those as I don’t have a spare RaspberryPi lying around, but that was fairly simple.

P.S. I did manage to get some of the other methods above working previously, but they don’t work for me now. The Broadlink Manager on my Raspberry Pi has been very consistent. Be sure to test each code and remember to copy them somewhere else before you do that as the code is often cleared when you do that!

Hello,

just to add a bit of information to my latest post and struggle with fetching working RF codes, I tried to use another RM4 Pro device to fetch codes sent directly from the newest Broadlink app.

The device controlled by broadlink_cli (Dcli) were learning codes from the RM4 Pro controlled by the app (Dapp):

1. the Dcli successfully learnt codes sent by the Dapp
  2. the Dapp sucesfully run the target RF-controlled device
  3. the broadlink_cli software showed different hex and base64 code pair each time for the same button pressed in the app
  4. codes had different lenght and were generally different
  5. 3 devices which worked earlier has still worked on previously fetched codes
  6. the sendig time (red led indicator) differs between devices - Dcli led glows shorter than Dapp.

I hoped that learning codes directly from the app would be the best solution, as they work perfectly each time… Unfortunately only through the newest Broadlink app.

Any ideas?

1 Like