Broadlink no app smart plug not shown in entities

I bought a Broadlink smart plug (no app version) from Amazon for $5. It works well with Alexa, but Home assistant does not show it in entities. I tried different things in configuration but no luck. I am dealing with a broadlink device for the first time, I would appreciate any help.

This is my Config entry

• platform: broadlink
    host: 192.168.1.3
    mac: ‘24:DF::::
    timeout: 15
    friendly_name: TestSwitch

And I see below warnings in the log

• Platform broadlink not ready yet. Retrying in 60 seconds.
  • Platform broadlink not ready yet. Retrying in 90 seconds.
  • Platform broadlink not ready yet. Retrying in 120 seconds.
  • Platform broadlink not ready yet. Retrying in 150 seconds.
  • Platform broadlink not ready yet. Retrying in 180 seconds.

Did you ever figure this out?

I have also issue with connecting a new generation SP4L-EU smartplug (no app version).
It’s on the supported list from the intergration so ti should work.

It works via the Broadcom app, so it connected to the network.

However, can’t connect to Broadcom integration. Get a “aborted, device not supported”.

Running into this same issue. I got the device joined to my network, assigned a manual IP. Didn’t tie to Google Home or Alexa but trying to add the device to HA via integrations page I get XXX is locked. You need to unlock the device in the Broadlink app. But I can’t get the device to show up in the app at all. Guessing that’s intended by the “no app” version I bought of this plug.
Plug https://smile.amazon.com/BroadLink-Version-Required-Control-Anywhere/dp/B08BZQTVFC

ha plug

Heads up, I was able to get this device setup with the help of another post by Mister_Slowhand.

In short, you need a laptop/desktop pc with WiFi. I used a Ubuntu VM with a WiFi USB,

Here are the steps I used to get this working on Ubuntu 20

sudo apt install python3.8 python3-pip
sudo pip3 install broadlink

Download https://github.com/mjg59/python-broadlink
and cd into the broadlink/cli folder

Join the WiFi Accesspoint generated by the plug on your unbuntu install.
Run the following

./broadlink_cli --joinwifi YourSSID YourKey

^ Before running make sure you CD into the broadlink/cli folder.
Note: If your SSID has spaces put your SSID in ’ '.

It just joined my network, assigned a static IP via DHCP and was able to add it via HA intragrations page.

This Vs Tuya convert is about the same in time/difficulty IMO. Still really happy I got this to work as I got these plugs for like $3-4 on Cyber Monday.

Ref: Anyone get Broadlink SP4M-US WiFi Smart Plug Working? Locally?

2 Likes