Broadlink - Remote Send Command

I updated my HomeAssistant to supervisor-2021.02.11 and after that Broadlink has stopped working. I looked at the revised documentation on https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/broadlink and based on the instructions came up with the following:

switch:
  - platform: broadlink
    mac: 'mac:Address:here'
    switches:
      - name: "Upper Lounge AC"
        command_on: "JgDmAG86DSwNKw0QDQ8NEA0sDBANEA0rDSwNDw0sDRAMEA0sDCwNEA0rDisNEAwQDSwMEA0PDSwNEA0PDRAMEA0QDQ8NEAwQDRANDw0PDRANDw4PDQ8NEA0PDSwNDw0QDSwMEA0sDCwNLA0PDRANDw0QDBANEAwQDSwMEA0sDBANEAwQDRAMLA0QDCwNLA0sDCwNEA0PDRANEAwQDQ8NEA0PDRANDw4PDBANEA0PDg8MEA0QDBANDw0QDQ8NEA0PDRAMEA0QDBANEAwQDRAMEA0sDQ8NEAwsDSwNDw0QDQ8NLA0PDRAMAA0FAAA="
        command_off: "JgDmAHE4DyoPKg8NDg8PDQ8qDw4ODg8pDyoPDg0rDw4PDQ8qDyoODg8qDykPDg8NDyoODg8ODioPDg8ODg4ODw4ODw0PDg4ODw4PDQ8ODg4PDg4ODw4ODg8ODg4PDQ8ODyoODg8pDyoPKg8NDw4PDQ8ODg4ODw4ODyoPDQ8qDw0QDQ8NDw4OKg8ODioPKg8qDyoODg8NDw4PDQ8ODw0PDg8NDg8ODg8ODg4PDQ8ODw0PDg8NDw4PDQ8ODg4PDg8NDw4ODg8ODg4PDg4ODw4PDQ8qDw0QDQ8qDykPKg8pDyoTCRANDw4PAA0FAAA"

Prior to this I had following syntax

switch:
 - platform: broadlink
    host: 192.168.1.26
    mac: 'mac:address:here'
    timeout: 15
    switches:
      dshutter:
        friendly_name: "Shutter"
        command_on: "sgD8AJYyFwwLGAwYCxgXDAsYFwwMGAsYCxgMGAsYCxgLGAsYGAsMGAsYCxgMGBcLDBgXDBgLGAsYDBcMCxgMFwwYCxgXDAwXDBkKGBcMCxgLGQsYFwABn50zFwsMGAsYCxgXDAwXGAsMGAsYCxgMFwwYCxgMFwwYFwwLGAsYDBcMGBcMCxgXDBcMGAsYDBcMCxgMFwwYCxgXDAsZCxgLGBcMCxgLGAwYFwABn50zFwsMGAsYCxgXDAsZFwsMGAsYDBcMGAsYCxgLGAsYGAwLGAsYCxgLGBgLDBgXDBcMFwwYDBcMCxgLGAsYDBgXDAwXDBcMGBcLDBgLGAsYFwAF3AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=="
        command_off: "sgD8AJgzFwwLGAsYCxgYCwwYFwwLGAwXDBgLGAwXDBgLGAsYFwwMGAsYCxgMFxgLDBgXDBcMGAwXDBcMDBcMGAsYCxgXDAwYCxgXDBcMDBgLGBcMFwABoJ0yGAsMGAsYCxgXDAsYGAsMGAsYDBgLGAsYCxgMGAsYFwwMFwwYCxgLGBgLDBgXDBcMFwwXDBgLDBgLGAwYCxgXDAsYCxgYCxgMCxgMFxgLGAABn50zFwwLGAwXDBgXDAsYFwwLGQsYCxgLGAsZCxgLGAsYGAsMGAsYCxkLGBcMCxgXDBcMGAsYDBcMCxgMGAsYCxgXDAwYCxgXDBgLDBgLGBcMGAAF3AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=="
      curtain_top:
        friendly_name: "Curtain Upper Stairs"
        command_on: "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"
        command_off: "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"
      uac_lounge:
        friendly_name: "Upper Lounge AC"
        command_on: "JgDmAG86DSwNKw0QDQ8NEA0sDBANEA0rDSwNDw0sDRAMEA0sDCwNEA0rDisNEAwQDSwMEA0PDSwNEA0PDRAMEA0QDQ8NEAwQDRANDw0PDRANDw4PDQ8NEA0PDSwNDw0QDSwMEA0sDCwNLA0PDRANDw0QDBANEAwQDSwMEA0sDBANEAwQDRAMLA0QDCwNLA0sDCwNEA0PDRANEAwQDQ8NEA0PDRANDw4PDBANEA0PDg8MEA0QDBANDw0QDQ8NEA0PDRAMEA0QDBANEAwQDRAMEA0sDQ8NEAwsDSwNDw0QDQ8NLA0PDRAMAA0FAAA="
        command_off: "JgDmAHE4DyoPKg8NDg8PDQ8qDw4ODg8pDyoPDg0rDw4PDQ8qDyoODg8qDykPDg8NDyoODg8ODioPDg8ODg4ODw4ODw0PDg4ODw4PDQ8ODg4PDg4ODw4ODg8ODg4PDQ8ODyoODg8pDyoPKg8NDw4PDQ8ODg4ODw4ODyoPDQ8qDw0QDQ8NDw4OKg8ODioPKg8qDyoODg8NDw4PDQ8ODw0PDg8NDg8ODg8ODg4PDQ8ODw0PDg8NDw4PDQ8ODg4PDg8NDw4ODg8ODg4PDg4ODw4PDQ8qDw0QDQ8qDykPKg8pDyoTCRANDw4PAA0FAAA"

After adding the new code in configuration.yaml I went to Developer Tools and set State = On for switch.upper_lounge_ac. Even though it set the state = On but Broadlink didn’t do anything. There was no light beep on the device or anything nor the the appliance turn on. I would be grateful if someone could guide a fix for this issue. Thank you

Have you tried the Broadlink integration? I’m finding it pretty reliable (also on supervisor-2021.02.11). You’ll have to teach it the commands all over again, though, which is a pain.

Yes, I added the device using the Integration Module. The broadlink device is added and it is also telling the correct model of the device. But I am stuck at this point and not sure what to do. I followed the documentation and added the above code in configuration.yaml. Did you do something different?

Yes. I have nothing relating to Broadlink in configuration.yaml. I used the service remote.learn_command in Developer Tools for each command.

It’s pretty laborious if you have a lot of commands, but Developer Tools gives you examples of all the parameters you may need. IR commands are pretty straightforward. If you’re doing RF commands you get prompts in Notifications about when to press the buttons on the physical remote.

Awesome! Thanks

Ahh a follow-up question. I did that and white light popups and when I press remote key it turns off. Now what? How do I get that command or how do I make it work, for e.g. get it as a switch?

In my system, for each physical switch I’ve got an input_boolean “helper” for the HA switch, then two small automations to send a remote.send_command to the Broadlink whenever the input_boolean is toggled - one for on and one for off. You can assign icons to the “helpers” to use them in Lovelace dashboards and they work as switches in scripts and things.

Is that what you mean?