Broadlink RM 4mini with HTS2 sensor Cable supported?

I am planning on buying this Broadlink RM 4mini with HTS2 sensor, so the question is does it work with broadlink integration i.e both Humidty/temperature sensor and Broadlink RM 4mini?

If you mean these, yes they are working without problems and stable with the broadlink integration. I am using 5 sets of those Broadlink RM 4minis with the HTS2 sensors to control dumb AC’s.

can you graph the temperature in HA?

Sure, yes. Also the humidity.

1 Like

you did from UI or had to add code in configuration. yaml?

As for the temperature and humidity graphs it all goes through the UI. No need to add code to the configuration.yaml.

1 Like

For broadlink RM4 mini, it is autodetected in integrations? and how did you train the RM4 mini with remote control? used broadlink manger Broadlink Manager download | SourceForge.net as Drzzz did or some other method? Using IR Remote Controls in your Smart Home - Home Assistant and the Broadlink RM - YouTube

Yes

I am using the RM4 minis exclusively for controling AC’s. As for that I am using smartHomeHub / SmartIR.
If you plan to use the RM4 mini for controlling your AC just check whether your AC brand/model is already supported. If yes then there is no need to train any commands. But if your model is not listed you can train it manually. Not difficult to do so.

I have read/seen on YouTube that broadlink manager doesn’t work with Broadlink RM 4mini.
I can’t find the differences between Rm 4mini and RM 4c.

If you mean this Broadlink Manager, version 1.0.0 - Multi arch is working flawlessly with the 5 RM 4 Minis here.

Supported Devices and Models:

Broadlink-manager-comp

More information also here. On how to install the latter note @aceindy’s post #75.

The difference between RM4C Mini and RM4 Mini is that RM4 Mini also supports changing the power cable to a sensor capable one, while RM4C Mini has no such support for additional sensors.

1 Like

I have found a major problem with Open Source projects is that they tend to be developed by enthusiasts who (understandably) aren’t keen on user documentation … so much of the available information comes from YouTube, blogs, 3rd party websites, and other unofficial sources.

I have spent many many hours finding out that a lot of it is wrong - possibly because it is (a) out of date, (b) doesn’t mention other software/dependencies, and/or (c) is trying to sell you their product.

In this case, have you checked whether the Broadlink Manager has been updated since the YouTube video ?

Personally I use HA’s Developer Tools > Services with “remote.learn_command”. It might not be the most elegant, but I found that it works :wink:

Actually, I want to avoid, docker, because I am using the FR24 feeder in docker, don’t want to disturb it. Home assistant and Flightradar24 on same device

I picked-up your comment on that yt-video that is telling you that Broadlink Manager is not compatible with RM 4 Mini & Co.

Installing Broadlink Manager is not necessary at all. You can accomplish all tasks with the Broadlink App on your phone and learn commands with i.e. HA’s Developer Tools > Services with “remote.learn_command” as @donburch888 already has pointed it out.

Hi all, I believe I have the HTS2 sensor cable but can’t seem to see the temperature entity in home assistant, and the broadlink app is saying there’s no sub devices. Am I missing something here? Below is a picture of the cable that came with it. Is this the HTS2 cable or did I get duped on Amazon?

I have quite a few of them and they all got instantly detected by HA and the Broadlink app. The original HTS2 looks like this:

Also make sure your RM4 is a RM4 Mini but not a RM4C Mini. See this post.

Thank you for your response. My cable certainly doesn’t have the sensor as indicated in your photo so I’m raising a ticket with the seller!