Broadlink RM Mini 3 Configuration

Im having problems to integrate the RM mini 3 with HA. My HA server(0.36.1) runs in a Raspberry PI 2 virtual enviroment.

Im using this example configuration on my switch.yaml file:
``

• platform: broadlink
    host: 192.168.0.55
    mac: ‘b4:43:0d:ef:b0:8f’
    switches:
    TV:
    friendly_name: “Philips TV”
    command_on: ‘JgAcAB0dHB44HhweGx4cHR06HB0cHhwdHB8bHhwADQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=’
    command_off: ‘JgAaABweOR4bHhwdHB4dHRw6HhsdHR0dOTocAA0FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=’

An this are the errors Im getting:

INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded switch.broadlink from homeassistant.components.switch.broadlink
ERROR:homeassistant.bootstrap:Invalid config for [switch.broadlink]: [TV] is an invalid option for [switch.broadlink]. Check: switch.broadlink->switches->TV. (See ?, line ?). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/switch.broadlink/
INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event call_service[L]: domain=persistent_notification, service_call_id=1978016304-1, service=create, service_data=notification_id=invalid_config, title=Invalid config, message=The following components and platforms could not be set up:

• switch.broadlink
    Please check your config>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=persistent_notification.invalid_config, new_state=<state persistent_notification.invalid_config=The following components and platforms could not be set up:
  • switch.broadlink
    Please check your config; title=Invalid config @ 2017-01-17T14:17:12.492806-04:00>, old_state=None>

Any help will be appreciated.

Can you post your config and maintain the formatting? This is likely a spacing issue in your config file. See below for how to post it with the formatting retained:

Here you go!

#switch 7:
- platform: broadlink
  host: 192.168.0.55
  mac: 'b4:43:0d:ef:b0:9f'
  switches:
     TV:
    friendly_name: "Philips TV"
     command_on: 'JgAcAB0dHB44HhweGx4cHR06HB0cHhwdHB8bHhwADQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA='
     command_off: 'JgAaABweOR4bHhwdHB4dHRw6HhsdHR0dOTocAA0FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA='

try switching ''TV" to “tv” under switches.

Also bump friendly_name over a space.

1 Like

Thanks!
I’ve been trying to figure out why the hell it’s happenig in my config and it was a with name with one upper case letter!

How do you have your command codes set up to just work a button press? Do you just leave the command off blank or can you delete the line?

Thanks Daniel! Have you tried other commands that don’t don’t turn on and off? I am at work now and can’t post my config but I used e-control app to set up a set of codes ie. watch_espn 8 wait, .05 4 wait .05, 6 wait .05, enter. I have converted the hex codes to 64 but can’t seen to get it to work right.

Yes, most of my codes to other things than on/off. (Change volume,…)

I see. Like line 101 and 102 in your code. I will try it later. Thanks for the help.