Broadlink RM Mini3 - keeps disconnecting from wifi?

I was having the same issues, RM3 Mini disconnecting every hour. I use Ubiquiti WiFi APs.
Disabled PMF on my 2.4GHz network and no more disconnects, been almost 24 hours now.

Thanks @mitnits for the hint.

2 Likes

Thanks guys u just save my day!

Still the problem! Disabling PMF on Fritz 7590 resolved the issue! Txs!

Thanks! You’ve guided me to the right direction. I had wpa2/wpa3 enabled and optional and required options for PMF. So I switched to wpa2 and disabled PMF. It’s working now.
Fyi I have ubiquity network as well.

Hey all,

I also wrote support about this and got the following answer:

If you are experiencing issues with your device going offline frequently, it is possible that this issue may be related to the settings on your router. To troubleshoot this issue, we recommend the following steps:

1. Check the router’s settings and make sure the security mode for the 2.4Ghz network is WPA2.
  2. Turn off the firewall. (optional)
  3. Select 802.11 b/g/n for WiFi protocol.
  4. Check the port forwarding to make sure TCP 80, 8080, 16384, 1812 are enabled (optional)
  5. Turn off PMF(Protected Management Frames)
  6. Place the device closer to the router to have a better connection

BUT this did not work for me in the first place.

Make also sure you do NOT power the RM device with the USB connection of the TV :smiley:
I did that and it kept loosing the connection, I assume the TV went into sleep mode vers frequently.

Means make sure your power supply is good enough.

Since then and with above settings no issues.

Hope this helps anyone still expereicing issues.

I’m using Asus router. I was trying to follow the instructions above.

For me the only resolution was to set the following configurations for 2.4 GHZ -

• Disable group key rotation to 0
  • Disable wifi 6
  • Set the wifi protocol for N only.

This is clearly not the problem here, i see it disconnect in HA but the broadlink rm pro app works fine. So something is not right in the HA integration.

This is exactly what is happening over here. Did you find a solution already?

Disconnecting and reconnecting from the power seems to help although that’s a very unusual and annoying solution.

Same problem here, are you still Disconnecting and reconnecting from the power as this is the only thing working for now. I have numerous wifi devices & platforms connected to HA and only Broadlink is affected so this has to be an issue with the integration itself and how it connects to the units.

see if you have an option to disable PMF in your wifi APs, since that is what fixed it in my case with my Ubiquiti APs. Disabled PMF and all good now for years.

Thanks but already disabled. Still not working unfortunately.

After all I managed to solve the problem in my case. I reset the devices and configured the devices to a 2.4ghz only WiFi channel instead of a combined 2.4/5Ghz network. That seemed to work. Before I made that solution I added an sonoff power switch to the device. When the state of the device became unreachable I toggled the power switch, and that was my temporarily solution.

Here I did exactly the opposite my Broadlink devices were on a 2.4ghz only network and resetting to a combined 2.4/5Ghz network worked. But I suspect it was related to a faulty AP which I removed from my network or simply resetting the network/SSID on the devices.
Still , something odd going on as this only affected my 3 Broadlink units and nothing else…

It’s indeed a very strange problem. As it suddenly appeared from no particular reason at all over here. And the same as you situation; it only matters the Broadlink units, and than just the older ones. The newer ones weren’t affected at all… very weird