Broadlink RM-PRO and A1 sensor

Restarting HA fixed this. I hope this isn’t a weird state that the component will get into though and make it unreliable.

For those of you struggling with crypto library, try to use version pycrypto==2.6.1

Sorry that some of you have problems with the new version, but that is the life of a beta tester :slight_smile:

even with some struggles, I thank a lot the developer. I can already see how cool this feature is. WHen is stable, is super super cool!!!

Keep up with the great job!

So I’m getting the AES byte error again. It looks like it’s reproducible by making a lot of commands at once via the broadlink component. I guess somehow something breaks in the lib in how it’s talking to the broadlink device.

I noticed by using my Good Night scene which is currently turning off about 5 different RF switches. Everytime I do this it breaks and I have to restart HA.

I also need this passwork… When I installed pycrypto I made it without sudo command, and got it without needing that password.
Now I want to update python and need the password I have never created…
Does someone knows the defalt password for HASS Virtual Environment?

Ahhh so I am not the only one. I thought I was crazy, I barely ever forgot passwords. That is why, you don’t punt ANY password in hass virtual environment …

but then it asks one. Which is it???

1 Like

how?

I did this

(hass_venv) hass@raspberrypi:/home/pi$ pip3 install pycrypto
Requirement already satisfied: pycrypto in /srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages
(hass_venv) hass@raspberrypi:/home/pi$ pip3 install pycrypto
Requirement already satisfied: pycrypto in /srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages
(hass_venv) hass@raspberrypi:/home/pi$

and also

(hass_venv) hass@raspberrypi:/home/pi$ pip install pycripto
Collecting pycripto
  Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pycripto (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for pycripto

I have both rm pro and rm mini, after added both switch in hass, how do I control hass which device to use for the learning process, it seems like it just pick either one randomly each time hass restart.

rm pro can learn more rf freq than rm mini so it is important to set rm pro to learn code.

Anyone has any idea?

Interested as well. I have 2 RM Pro, and yesterday I just started the learning code with one. It does need to put in learning mode a specific device

for all the crypto library problem I found the problem, you need to install the pycripto in the virtualenv, try this:

smart@sitha:~#source /srv/hass/bin/activate
(hass) smart@sitha:~# pip install pycrypto

I don’t think is enough.

I did it:

I think the problem is with that big codes which results sometimes a learning script…
Mine is dying every time I try a big package…

Update: I mean the dying problem…

I did not thought of having two different devices when I implemented it. So it is not possible in the latest release. I have made a fix here: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/compare/broadlink?expand=1

I have not tested it yet, but are welcome to try it.

I just need to change the broadlink.py, with your new code, correct?

And then I can check learning code for 2 distinct broadlink device?

Yes

With the new code, there should be different services for each device, named: SERVICE_LEARN + mac_addr

Ok, I will try at lunch time

Please let me know how it is working.

I notice that the RM some time not respond to my press on the switch, dose any one have this problem?

also if I reboot hass the problem solved.

Yes, to me it happens many times. Sometimes reboot fixes, sometimes not. Check the error log

Trying now.

Please note that the learn command for IR is too short. I mean when executed the led blinks shortly. Eventually to put a length?
Also a repeating function would be nice to have (repeat IR 1,2,3 times …) FOr example my projector to turn off is needed two times