Broadlink RM-PRO and A1 sensor

newbie here too, how you instal pycrypto manually ? i can’t get it install ?

@kornfool : are you using a raspberrey pi ?

if yes : follow these steps
Login to Raspberry Pi ssh pi@your_raspberry_pi_ip
Change to homeassistant user sudo su -s /bin/bash homeassistant
Change to virtual enviroment source /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/bin/activate
Install pucrypto : pip3 install pycrypto
Type exit to logout the hass user and return to the pi user.

If you deployed Home Assistant via the AiO installer prior to December 2016, replace sudo su -s /bin/bash homeassistant with sudo su -s /bin/bash hass and source /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/bin/activate with source /srv/hass/hass_venv/bin/activate

i am using AiO i can’t get sudo su -s /bin/bash hass and source /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/bin/activate with source /srv/hass/hass_venv/bin/activate
it show No passwd entry for user ‘hass’

Requirement already satisfied: pycrypto in /usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages

@Danielhiversen
I updated to 0.35.3 and now I have a broadlink component that does not go into learning mode (and does not have the choice of multiple devices).

Which was the latest code?

where does this go?

custom_components, or?

No, it is the version I just linked to, that you should use.

Ok this one.
It goes in
/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/components/switch ?

is anyone experiencing bananas temperature reading from the broadlink? (and no, I don’t have a sauna at home)

Mine went up to more than 120°C once. Yes, that’s in Celsius and no, we are not dead.

I confirmed the issue, I heve a Broadlink A1 multi sensor, all the sensors’ data sometimes extremely high.

Same issue here. It happens once or twice a week and just reboot HA and back to normal reading.

You are lucky, mine went to 600

So is an issue of the component software?

Hi Daniel, just wondering if its possible to get S1C to work in HA? Is there any API for that and will you able to help to integrate it, many thanks.

No

you should put the ‘sensor’ broadlink.py(this file has 130+ lines, it will shows in the github RAW mode) in the /srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/components/sensor Directory.

and put the ‘switch’ broadlink.py (this file has 260+ lines) in the /srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/components/switch

Someone have to add support for it to the library we are using first: https://github.com/mjg59/python-broadlink

Hi, now that I have broadlink rm pro working great, I have more philosophical questions :yum: :

Broadlink rm learns and plays back commands, so it’s much more than a switch, so it will be great if we can call “broadlink commands” from other components. First thing coming to mind are my RF blinders : they have 3 commands : open/close/stop so it’s not suitable for the switch component (there’s also my generic IR heater with on/off/speed fan1/2/3/heat0/1/2, but it’s obviously taunting me :smiley: ).
Of course, I can use the command_line cover to play codes with a few python scripts. It works great, but integration wise it’a a little off…

So, Did I miss something and is it already possible? If not, do you think it’s a good idea considering home assistant architecture?

Thanks!

with recent built the learning command for RF is not working