Broadlink RM-PRO and A1 sensor

sorry i’m new to all this is there any instruction how can i add support for the discovery in HA?

There is currently no support for discovery of Broadlink components in HA.

Discovery is supported by the Broadlink library that we use, so it should not be much job to add support for it in HA too. But someone have to do that.

so we have to wait tell someone add it to HA. :frowning:

Yes, or you can add it yourself.

hmmm…i wish could… but i don’t know anything about python. with a great difficulty I’m playing around with HA and YAML

could some one tell how to make motion sensors automation (simple just turning light on if motion) with rf switches?The switch supports only toggle and Off command.I can control them through broadlink component but can’t figure out how to make reliable automation.

Support toggle and OFF but no ON command?

I am using livolo switches,the remote has toogle and master off command only.The above automation will not work properly due to sending of another toggle command when motion detected

Livolo switches are really beautiful (I have some), but you will never get a 100% automation without fail using toggle devices… never!
You can use a light sensor to detect when power is ON.
How about your range? Do you have response 100% times you send RF command? I don´t.
You must allways send all OFF before a toggle to make sure you are turning ON.

Then it won’t be possible… If you send an OFF command and then a ON at each movement, you’ll have a flash every time you move ^^

Did you try adding a ‘from’ in the trigger?

to: on

That will make sure that the automation will only be triggered if the motion sensor is initially off

Thanks for this help.

Broadlink mini stopped working in 0.40.1. No error in logs. My front end not loading and I found that broadlink prevents it by removing one by one the components from the configuration.

• platform: broadlink
    host: 192.168.1.117
    mac: ‘B4:43:0D:E4:29:4B’
    type: rm_mini
    timeout: 15

Back to 0.40.0 and working again.

Hmm, works fine on the latest dev version here

strange, working for me excellent as well, try to reinstall manually “python-broadlink”

Hi Everybody,

I’m running Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B installed through Raspberry Pi All-In-One Installer and I have a RM Pro and A1. I was using both without any problems since a couple of months, however after upgrading to 0.40.2, A1 sensor values except the temperature started appearing az zeros while Broadlink’s e-control app shows proper values. RM Pro’s temperature reading is properly shown. After upgrading to 0.42.2 all sensor readings including temperature have gone while RM Pro temperature reading is still OK.

The sensors appear in /dev-state with zero values as well.

Python version is 3.4

hass --script check_config 

doesn’t report any errors.

configuration.yaml is as follows.

#Broadlink RM Pro & A1
switch 1:
  - platform: broadlink
    host: 192.168.0.6
    mac: 'B4:43:0D:??:??:??'
 # switches:

sensor 2:
    host: 192.168.0.6
    monitored_conditions:
      - temperature

sensor 3:
    host: 192.168.0.7
    monitored_conditions:
      - temperature
      - humidity
      - air_quality
      - light
      - noise

I was a little bit lazy to get the codes from the remotes. I don’t have any android devices to get them all so far. Today I tried learn_command service, it is being called but RM Pro doesn’t switch to learning mode (before it was switching when the service was called).

What might be the problem? Thanks in advance.

Hi Everyone,
I’ve cobbled up a version of the broadlink library that doesn’t require pycrypto.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jdegraef/python-broadlink/master/broadlink/init.py

a quick ‘search and replace’ to use pyaes which is a python native AES implementation.
this comes with a perfomance penalty but improves portability, e.g. homeassistant on windows
but more importantly for embedded (i.e. LEDE) where no pre-built modules are easily available and the platform isn’t capable of building them. [and really because (I couldn’t get) pycrypto to build using musl (iso glibc)]

I have no clue on how to offer this variant properly via homeassistant, so (for now) I simply overwrote the broadlink lib in .homeassistant/deps/broadlink, and installed pyaes manually via pip: pip install pyaes.
(and stopped hass from insisting on pycrypto by launching with –skip-pip)

I have tested this with an SP2 and an A1, I have no time nor access to other devices for testing.

note: I don’t speak ‘python’ (I’ve spent the best part of the morning hunting whitespace)
if it looks like kiddy-code it’s because it is… feel free to improve.

Hi @Danielhiversen,

Although this topic is a feature request topic, since issues were also reported here before, I have posted my above problem. I have upgraded to 0.42.4 but the problem still persists. Dou you have an idea what may be causing this?

Thanks.

There has not been any changes in the Broadlink component since Mar 5

In the broadlink software e-control, your A1 sensor is online?
When I had a similar problem, I just solved by turning the sensor off and on again.