Broadlink RM-PRO and A1 sensor

Yes, it is OK as I wrote in my post.

I believe this happened right after the upgrade to 0.40.2. I have reset A1, but nothing changed. I checked the code and the part getting the values from A1 is pretty straightforward.

Downgrading to 0.40.1 did not solve the problem.

Removing the component completely and let HA discover it again might work, but I don’t know which files to remove.

I’ve just returned from my holiday and am experiencing a similar issue with my A1. On intial restart of the A1 and homeassistant I get one reading of humidity/temperature/etc… and then nothing (until I restart both). This only started with v 0.42 for me.

I’ve tried two things today: changed the static IP’s of RM Pro and A1 and let HomeAssistant discover them again. At the same time I’ve reconfigured my router’s IPv6 settings so that router configures IPv6 DNS’s (before it was set to configure the subnet).

It works now. I can see all sensor readings Broadlink learn command service works now.

A1 not working anymore after 43.1 update…
RM pro temp and sending RF IR working fine.
SP mini working fine as well.
A1 stop updating and now it shows “-” instead of any read data.

Update: change everything you changed the last 5 posts and back working…
Maybe a loading problem because I think what really made working again was just restarting HA a couple of times…

The problem is back, or still there!!!

When restart Home Assistant, it reads all sensors from A1 for not more than 1 day.
Them, it suddenly stops reading from A1 until next HA reboot.

RM-PRO is working fine with the same settings…

I am trying now to increase the update interval, but only will know the results after at least 2 days…

Is anyone facing the same problem?

Updating…

After increasing the update interval I have all A1 sensors working until now… 3 days already…

hey all i have a question , i got my rm switch working right now . but there are some problems what i want to customize but i have no idea how. (im kinda new to everything)

this is what it looks like in my HA interface (see link) https://gyazo.com/1162f89ad3af4389abcdcfa0c5d33945

if you can see you get a lots of (on off) switches , but the problem is cooling mode (etc) is not a switch. it needs to be a button or a click thingy, so it sends the cooling mode ir code to my AC , but i have no idea how to do that.

Or is it even posseble to collect everything (cooling mode, hydrate mode, blow mode, heat mode, auto mode,) and put it in a drop down menu when i select one it sends that IR code?

i have no idea how i can make this or if it even works , becouse this is not working for me now.
below here i have the pictures from my configuration.yaml and how the sensor state is (see links)

https://gyazo.com/4b08fa10e68643759622751607d87a23https://gyazo.com/99f88ba77b41e353787a8b5e08d64234

i hope someone can help me with this! thanks :slight_smile:

That is what I idealized since the beginning!!!

The perfect scene would be a floating Virtual Remote with buttons…

But I thing either is not possible or nobody agree with us…
I think we need first someone to create the button element into HA

1 Like

so it means we are stuck with this interface? or where can we find someone who can make those buttons or dropdown menus?

i think i found a solution for now , and it works!

made my buttons with scrips. the only thing it says is activate , but it just works like a 1 click button!

see link for photo : https://gyazo.com/8c7567051f827872e57008b82bc2c1fc

just use this code:

script:
airco_select_cooling:
sequence:
- service: broadlink.send_packet_192_168_178_136
data:
packet:
- “YOUR IR PACKET CODE”

if there would be a way to change the text “activate” it would be perfect.

EDIT MAde it a little nicer :slight_smile:

1 Like

@oliverdog How much did you increase it to?

Increased to 300 all broadlink products…

Sensors working fine since that date I increased.

Thanks, I’ll try that, i wrote my own python script and used it as a command line sensor up till now :slight_smile:

hi,

I have a problem. My broadlink will not work/show up in frontend when Iadd aircon_br_temp_up, aircon_br_temp_down, and aircon_br_timer_set. When delete the three then the broadlink will workagain. I dont know how to solve this. I tried also to use broadlink.send_packet but it will not send and there will be the an error that the packet cannot be sent. I hope you guys can help me to solve the problem :slight_smile:

Thanks

Switches.yaml

- platform: broadlink
  name: "RM Mini Bedroom"
  host: 10.0.0.103
  mac: 'B4:43:0D:F9:16:99'
  timeout: 160
  type: rm_mini
  switches:
   #Aircon
    aircon_br:
      friendly_name: aircon_br
      command_on: 'JgAMAXQ3EQwQKRANEA0PDRANEAwQDRAMEA0QDRAMEA0QKRANEAwQDRAMEA0QDRAMECkQKRAqEAwQDRApEA0QDBANEAwQDRANEAwQDRAMEA0QDBANEA0QDBANEAwQDRANEAwQDRAMEA0QDRAMEA0QDBANEAwQDRANECkQKRANEAwQDRAMEA0QAAFSdDgQDBAqEAwQDRAMEA0QDRAMEA0QDBANEAwQDRApEA0QDBANEA0QDBANEAwQKhApECkQDRAMECkQDRAMEA0QDRAMEA0QDBANEA0QDBANEAwQKg8qEAwQDRAMEA0QKRANECkQKRApEA0QDRApECkQDBANEA0QKRAMECoQKRAMECoPDRAADQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA='
      command_off: 'JgAMAXQ4EAwQKhAMEA0QDBANEA0QDBANEAwQDRANDw0QKRANEAwQDRANEAwQDRAMECoQKRApEA0PDRApEA0QDBANEA0QDBANEAwQDRANEAwQDRAMEA0QDRAMEA0QDBANEAwQDRANEAwQDRAMEA0QDRAMEA0QDBANECkQKRANEAwQDRANEAwQAAFTdDcQDRApEAwQDRANEAwQDRAMEA0QDRAMEA0QDBAqEAwQDRAMEA0QDQ8NEA0QKRApECkQDRAMECoQDBANEAwQDRANDw0QDRAMEA0QDBANEA0QKRApEA0QDBANEAwQKg8NECkQKRAqEAwQDRApECkQDRAMEA0QKRANECkQKRANECkQDBAADQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA='
    aircon_br_temp_up:
      friendly_name: aircon_br_temp_up
      command_on: 'JgAMAXU3EA0QKRAMEQwQDRAMEA0QDBEMEA0QDBANEAwQKhAMEA0QDBANEA0QDBANECkQKRApEA0QDBEpEAwQDRAMEA0QDRAMEA0QDBANEA0QDBANEAwQDRAMEQwQDRAMEA0QDBEMEA0QDBANEAwQDRANEAwQDRAMECoQKRAMEA0QDRAMEA0QAAFSdDgQDBApEQwQDRAMEA0QDBANEA0QDBANEAwQDRApEA0QDBANEAwRDBANEAwQKREpECkQDBANECkQDRAMEA0QDRAMEA0QDBANEAwRDBANEAwQKREpEAwQKRANEA0QKRAMECkRKRApEAwRDBApECkRDBANEAwQKRAqECkQKRANECkQDBAADQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA'
    aircon_br_temp_down:
      friendly_name: aircon_br_temp_down
      command_on: 'JgAMAXQ4EAwQKRANEA0QDBANEAwQDRANEAwQDRAMEA0QKRANEAwQDRAMEQwQDRAMECkQKhApEAwQDRApEA0QDBANEA0QDBANEAwQDRAMEQwQDRAMEA0QDBEMEA0QDBANEAwQDRANEAwQDRAMEA0QDRAMEA0QDBANECkQKRANEAwRDBANEAwQAAFTdDcQDRApEA0QDBANEAwQDRAMEQwQDRAMEA0QDBEpEAwQDRAMEA0QDRAMEA0QKRApECkQDRAMESkQDBANEAwRDBANEAwQDRAMEQwQDRAMEA0QKRANEAwQKRANEA0QKRAMECkRKRApEAwRDBApECkQDRANECkQDBApESkQKRAMESkQDBAADQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA'
    aircon_br_timer_set:
      friendly_name: aircon_br_timer_set
      command_on: 'JgAMAXQ4EAwQKREMEA0QDBANEAwQDRANEAwQDRAMEA0QKRANEAwQDRAMEQwQDRAMECkRKRApEAwQDRApEA0QDBANEA0QDBANEAwQDRAMEQwQDRAMEA0QDBEMEA0QDBANEAwRDBANEAwQDRAMEA0QDRAMEA0QDBANECkQKRANEAwRDBANEAwQAAFTdDcQDRApEA0QDBANEAwQDRANEAwQDRAMEA0QDBEpEAwQDRAMEQwQDRAMEA0QKRApECkQDRANECkQDBANEA0QDBANEAwQDRAMEQwQDRAMEA0QKRApECkQKhAMEA0QKRANECkQKRApEA0QDBApESkQDBANEAwRDBANEAwQDRApECkQDRAADQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA'

Scripts.yaml

aircon_br_temp_up:
  alias: Aircon Temp Up
  sequence:
    - service: switch.turn_on
      entity_id: switch.aircon_br_temp_up
aircon_br_temp_down:
  alias: Aircon Temp Down
  sequence:
      entity_id: switch.aircon_br_temp_down
aircon_br_timer_set:
  alias: Aircon Timer Set
  sequence:
      entity_id: switch.aircon_br_timer_set

1 Like

Nevermind, I solved the problem,

apparently, the sniffed code from HASS didnt show the whole code “=” was missing at the end of the code

the code should be

JgAMAXU3EA0QKRAMEQwQDRAMEA0QDBEMEA0QDBANEAwQKhAMEA0QDBANEA0QDBANECkQKRApEA0QDBEpEAwQDRAMEA0QDRAMEA0QDBANEA0QDBANEAwQDRAMEQwQDRAMEA0QDBEMEA0QDBANEAwQDRANEAwQDRAMECoQKRAMEA0QDRAMEA0QAAFSdDgQDBApEQwQDRAMEA0QDBANEA0QDBANEAwQDRApEA0QDBANEAwRDBANEAwQKREpECkQDBANECkQDRAMEA0QDRAMEA0QDBANEAwRDBANEAwQKREpEAwQKRANEA0QKRAMECkRKRApEAwRDBApECkRDBANEAwQKRAqECkQKRANECkQDBAADQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=

Hi Guys,

If you are interested in using these sensors with home assistant you are welcome to take a look at my post here:

Hello everyone,
I have got some milight devices, broadlink tc2 switches and rf433 blinds and xiaomi smart home accessories at my home.
I use homebridge to control all my devices (except sensors from xiaomi which need apple tv for automation) from homekit. I am currently using home assistant also for automation and remote access mainly and i am loving the log, graph and automation features.

Homebridge has a great plugin for broadlink devices. It has many device types:

learn-code
switch
switch-multi
switch-repeat
fan
light
garage-door-opener
window-covering
air-conditioner

Currently as far as i know home assistant only has “switch” component for broadlink integration. Which only has “on” and “off”. For my RF blinds I would like to use the homebridge’sque integration with home assistant also. Homebridge supports “on”, “off” and “stop”. It also has the “duration to close and open” values for curtains. So the plugin can use the information to set the blinds to %55 for instance. (send a stop command after total time / percent vs)

It would be great to have such functionality in home assistant too.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Sensors still working fine.
But my SP Mini stoped working.
It works some hours on every reboot.

Did anyone get SP switches working properly?

Mine also do this, I have 3 spmini2 and they all stop working at different times with a timeout error in the log. Restart of HA works for a while then they do it again.

I am using a command line switch to run my own script for turning them on and off, for some reason it is more reliable than the implementation in HA.