Broadlink RM-PRO and A1 sensor

Possibly yours are RM2 and the RM3, which I have, doesn’t have one?

Since my initial post i’ve set up a fresh install using hass.io and all Broadlink RM Pro bits are working fine other than the temp still says unknown.

Never any errors in the logs.

When you add an AC device to you room, can you see the room temperature when setting the added AC? Ithe is supposed to show on the top right corner of the AC remote screen…
I am talking about the ECONTROL app.

That’s strange

Added a user defined Aircon and it says 1.7 degrees top left, don’t really get the app so no guarantee I did it correctly though.

You need to install broadlink official app.
for Android is this link

Add an AC and go to screen to change AC temperature… you must see the inside room temp on the top right corner… just like this

1 Like

and this is my config… I increased the update_interval because they were stopping working after some days, but this they are supposed to work with the default 60 value.

sensor:
  - platform: broadlink
    name: "Sala"
    update_interval: 300
    host: 192.168.1.153
    mac: 'b4:43:0d:38:XX:XX'
    monitored_conditions:
      - temperature
    name: "Suite"
    update_interval: 300
    host: 192.168.1.225
    mac: 'b4:43:0d:70:XX:XX'
    monitored_conditions:
      - temperature
      - humidity
      - air_quality
      - noise

Yep, that’s what I was doing :smile:

Tried several different AC setups from the search results and all I get is 1.7 where your pic has 26, nothing at all on the right.

Found one just like your pic and now there is nothing on the left and the 1.7 is now inside the arrow on the right!

I think we can assure your RM device is not showing temperature at all…
Next step is check if RM mini 3 (is this yours?) has temperature or your unit is broken…
Do you have another unit to test?

It’s an RM Pro but the newest RM 3 version, serial starts RM03. Haven’t got access to another unfortunately.

Got a new one, swapped IP and MAC in the config and temp immediately appeared.

Obviously a duff one, thanks for your perseverance :grin:

Hi everyone. I have an RM-Pro but didn’t understand it has a temperature sensor until I found this thread because the doc page at https://home-assistant.io/components/sensor.broadlink/ only talks about RM2.

Don’t you think that the doc should be updated to include also “RM-Pro”?

Also, maybe it’s the factory calibration or maybe it’s the device heating itself, but my RM-pro temperature seems a couple degrees higher than the reality. If it is a common problem, would it be hard to add a “temperature offset” parameter in configuration to compensate for the error?

The RM2 is actually the RM Pro with serial numbers beginning RM02, people started calling it that to differentiate it from the earlier version. You’ll often see it called the RM2 Pro as well.

The current version has serials starting RM03 so using the same logic is an RM3 Pro. These have the same functionality as the ‘RM2’ but are very different inside, RF aerial combined into mainboard and just a single board for instance, Google RM2 vs RM3 if you’re interested. I’ve read the RM3 is more reliable than the older version but don’t have any evidence of this myself.

Didn’t know that, thanks for the clarification.
I think that from a user perspective there is a bit of confusion, and adding this info too in the docs would be useful.

If I understood it right, my proposal is:

• Change all the references in the article from RM2 to RM-Pro (as RM-Pro is the commercial name)
  • Add a paragraph stating that the component is compatible with Broadlink RM-Pro with serial number starting with RM02 (also known as Broadlink RM2 or RM2-Pro) and starting with RM03 (also known as RM3 or RM3-Pro)

Am I correct?

I understood just like @Bobby_Nobble, but we need to make everything most clear possible, specially on the docs. You could add a note beside the RM-Pro on the docs. Everyone can change a wiki page and ask for approval.

First of all, you should verify if the environment you placed your RM device is the same the other (which reports the real temperature). I have two RM devices on different places. The first one is located in the same shelf my cable receiver and other devices, that will increase the temperature for sure. This reports a higher value than the reality. The other one is place over a home theater back speaker and it reports the real temperature.

So, it is not a fixed problem. If you need to calibrate your temperature you should setup a Template Sensor with the offset you want, hide the original sensor and use just the template sensor you created…

Sure I can do it, but after someone more knowledgeable than me on the topic can confirm that my proposal is correct. I don’t want to introduce mistakes in the docs.

Didn’t know about this, I’m a newbie on HA and I think I overlooked the Templates.

For everyone’s reference, this is what I did:

sensor:
    host: 192.168.xx.xx
    mac: '34:EA:34:xx:xx:xx'
    monitored_conditions:
      - 'temperature'
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      broadlink_corrected:
        value_template: '{{states(''sensor.broadlink_sensor_temperature'') | float - 3}}'
        friendly_name: 'Broadlink corrected'
        unit_of_measurement: '°C'

And this is the result:

Thanks for the hint :grinning:

1 Like

Awesome, thanks ! I think this is just the method I need to convert the wind speed from m/s to Km/H. Will try on the weekend!

Typically Chinese : zero marketing experience

3 degrees difference?

Just a starting value. Now the difference with my IR thermometer is +1.5 °C, I’ll take some more measurements during the day to make an average.

Just as a curiosity, the room temperature is 30°, the sensor reports 31.5° but the RM-Pro itself is 34° on the top side and 36-38° on the underside. I think the reported value is already factory corrected for self-heating and not the straight value from the sensor.