Broadlink RM-PRO and A1 sensor

Install python 3.5.* and install this:

Pycrypto will install with no problem.

Hi guys,
I am trying to connect my Broadlink rm03( or rm pro plus) to homeassistant.

Here is my configuration.yaml

switch:
  - platform: broadlink
    host: xxx
    mac: 'xxx'
    switches:
      audio:
       friendly_name: "altavoces"
       command_on: 'JgBgAAABKpQTNhMTExMSEhMTEhMTExITEhMSNxM3EjcTNxM2EzcTNhM3ExITExITExMSExI3ExMSEhM3EzYTNxM2EzcTEhM3EwAFHwABK0YVAAcCCgAFSAABKUoUAANyCgANBQAAAAAAAAAA'
       command_off: 'JgBgAAABKpQTNhMTExMSEhMTEhMTExITEhMSNxM3EjcTNxM2EzcTNhM3ExITExITExMSExI3ExMSEhM3EzYTNxM2EzcTEhM3EwAFHwABK0YVAAcCCgAFSAABKUoUAANyCgANBQAAAAAAAAAA'
      luces_habitacion:
       friendly_name: "Pablo luz blanca"
       command_on: 'xxxx'

After rebooting my raspberry, at the home assistant log and when I try to use one switch:

ERROR (Thread-5) [homeassistant.components.switch.broadlink] Failed to connect to device

Any idea?? Thanks for your time!!

Check your formatting it looks a bit off to me, indentation is always 2 spaces, when the formatting is correct we can look for other errors - you should add some “==” to the end of the command_on/off so it becomes AAA==’. Let us know how all that goes :slight_smile:

Hi Keith!
Thanks por replying! Formatting fixed up:

switch:
    host: xxxx
    mac: 'xxxxx'
    switches:
      light:
        friendly_name: "Luz Blanca"
        command_on: 'dgAIAQgbCBsIGwgbCBsIGxoJGgkIGwgbCAABEAgaGgkJGgkbCBoJGggbCRoJGhoJGgkaCRoJGgkIGwgbCBsIGwgbCBsZChkJCRsIGgkAAQ8JGhoJCRoJGggbCRoIGwkaCRoaCRoJGgkZCRoJCRsIGgkaCRoJGwgaGgkaCQkaCRoJAAEPCRoaCQgbCBsIGwgbCBsIGwgbGgkZCRoJGgkaCQkaCRoJGgkaCRoIGxoJGgkIGwgbCAABEAgbGgkIGgkaCRoJHAcbCBsIGhoJGgkaCRoJGgkIGwgbCBsIGwgbCBsaCRkJCRsIGwgAAQ8JGhoJCRoJGggbCRoIGwgbCBsaCRoJGgkWBAQJGgAF3A=='
        command_off: 'dgAIAQgbCBsIGwgbCBsIGxoJGgkIGwgbCAABEAgaGgkJGgkbCBoJGggbCRoJGhoJGgkaCRoJGgkIGwgbCBsIGwgbCBsZChkJCRsIGgkAAQ8JGhoJCRoJGggbCRoIGwkaCRoaCRoJGgkZCRoJCRsIGgkaCRoJGwgaGgkaCQkaCRoJAAEPCRoaCQgbCBsIGwgbCBsIGwgbGgkZCRoJGgkaCQkaCRoJGgkaCRoIGxoJGgkIGwgbCAABEAgbGgkIGgkaCRoJHAcbCBsIGhoJGgkaCRoJGgkIGwgbCBsIGwgbCBsaCRkJCRsIGwgAAQ8JGhoJCRoJGggbCRoIGwgbCBsaCRoJGgkWBAQJGgAF3A=='

But the same error :pensive:

Are the IP Addr and Mac correct? And correctly formatted …

‘BB:11:0F:CA:BD:8B’

You have looked in the router to see if it’s actually online or tried to ping it?

You could take out all switches bar the first one and see if that makes a difference.

Other than that it might be something else above this code that’s causing a problem.

Problem solved!!!
I tried to ping it with mi pc connected to ethernet and it didn’t work. Then, I pinged it with my mobiile phone and it worked. So I came to the conclusion that something is wrong sending packages by ethernet. I have configured my raspberry to use it by wifi and everything works perfect! Thank you very much for your help :blush:

Hehe yep RM Pro doesn’t have an wired ethernet connection :slight_smile:

Hi,

I’ve just purchased RM pro+ (in eControl or ihc it said RM pro+), with mac 34:ea:34:42…, and it seems I cannot get the temperature sensor to work, at least I always get 0 value

First question would be, I don’t see home temp info on the AC display (on eControl on the right side next to AC temp) like the one shown on broadlink website, why is that ?

Second question would be, probably RM pro+ is not the same as RM pro ? In the box it said RM03, please advice.

Thank you.

anton

1 Like

I bought mine about 18months ago and it didn’t come with a temp sensor, so I don’t know what could be wrong, have you tried updating the firmware or the e-control app?

1 Like

to get broadlink rm pro or other model of broadlink that has the temperature. Once you have done this you also can make it as climate together with your aircon

sensor:
    host: IP_ADDRESS
    mac: 'MAC_ADDRESS'
    monitored_conditions:
      - 'temperature'

Hi,

I did this by following this topic, it shown on the Overview as 0 celcius.

@keithh666 I think I did, it shown current version v52

here is the relevant part on my conf:

sensor:

# other sensors here, I don't copy them

# Kids room RM Pro+
    name: RM Kids Room
    update_interval: 60
    #timeout: 15
    host: 192.168.1.21
    mac: '34ea3442ed56'
    monitored_conditions:
      - temperature

# Living room RM Pro+
    name: RM Living Room
    update_interval: 60
    #timeout: 15
    host: 192.168.1.15
    mac: '34ea3442eb99'
    monitored_conditions:
      - temperature

The mac address format, I’ve tried with : and without it just like above, its the same.

And here’s my e-Control ss:

anton

The mac has to have the colons and mine are all uppercase.

1 Like

Tried that, its the same, I saw the auto discovery log of my yeelight, the mac is lower case without colon so I figure here is the same, but anyway, for now I will test with colon and uppercase

I just tested with CLI from https://github.com/mjg59/python-broadlink/tree/master/cli and I’m using hassbian 1.31 on pi3

I ran this:

./broadlink_discovery

and I got:

discover
###########################################
Unknown
# broadlink_cli --type 0x2712 --host 192.168.1.15 --mac 99eb4234ea34
Device file data (to be used with --device @filename in broadlink_cli) : 
0x2712 192.168.1.15 99eb4234ea34

###########################################
Unknown
# broadlink_cli --type 0x2712 --host 192.168.1.21 --mac 56ed4234ea34
Device file data (to be used with --device @filename in broadlink_cli) : 
0x2712 192.168.1.21 56ed4234ea34

and then I ran this:

./broadlink_cli --type 0x2712 --host 192.168.1.21 --mac 56ed4234ea34 --sensors

and I got this:

temperature 0.0

Did my device hav temperature sensor but not working properly ? Or is it the lib not working for RM pro+ ?

Ok, this could be it:
https://github.com/mjg59/python-broadlink/issues/133

RM Pro+ doesn’t hav temperature sensor, I hope someone can confirm it, thanks

anton

As the owner of an RMPro with the sensor, I say it’s not a big deal. The sensor is too enclosed and near heat generating components, it’s always off by several degrees, usually between +2 and +5, compared with a nearby Honeywell thermostat. Too unreliable to be used for climatization.

1 Like

Confirmed by broadlink support, RM pro+ does not have temperature sensor

Anton

So it’s actually an RM Pro- then!

I’ve actually found the exact opposite, it’s spot on …until it stops responding!

Mine’s an RM03 ‘not plus’ with the ‘new’ much simplified motherboard so that may make a difference if you have the older one. This is my second one as the temp sensor on the first didn’t work.

Now using a temp sensor attached to a Sonoff which so far is totally reliable.

On my (very long) to-do list I will to try to solder 2 cm wires to put the temp sensor outside the RM Pro. That should give correct readings, as the sensor is indeed accurate, touching the plastic near the sensor feels slightly warm.

The temp sensor is between the USB connector and the reset button.

Screenshot from 2018-01-18 00-35-58

1 Like