Broadlink RM Pro+ ignores HA [Solved]

Hi,

I’ve used a Broadlink RM Mini 3 for a while now and it works fine. Today I tried adding a Broadlink RM Pro+ as well. I’m not trying to use RF, only IR so far.

Using the broadlink.learn and broadlink.send services I can control the mini just fine. But when I try the Pro+ nothing happens. No LEDs light up on it, nothing. BUT it works just fine from the broadlink android app, both learning and sending. Seems like it just ignores anything from HA. I added the Pro+ to my config as well and the switch shows up just fine, but does nothing. I have verified the IP and mac addresses (I use a static dhcp lease to make sure I know what IP it gets).

Here’s my config, the IR code on the pro+ was learned using the mini and I have verified that it works with the mini as well.

- platform: broadlink
  host: 192.168.xxx.11
  mac: '78:0F:77:<redacted>'
  type: rm_mini
  switches:
    tv_lg:
      friendly_name: "LG TV Power"
      command_on: '<redacted due to length>'
      command_off: '<redacted due to length>'
    soundbar_philips:
      friendly_name: "Soundbar Power"
      command_on: '<redacted due to length>'
      command_off: '<redacted due to length>'

- platform: broadlink
  host: 192.168.xxx.17
  mac: '78:0f:77:<redacted>'
  type: rm2_pro_plus
  switches:
    aircon:
      friendly_name: "AC"
      command_on: 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA'
      command_off: 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA'

Any ideas?

I have an RM Pro and a Mini, and I’m pretty sure the two use different mechanisms for the IR codes. Therefore you cannot use the same commands to sent to both, and would need to learn using both.

I’m not so sure about that, but I can’t set it to learn from HA either so it doesn’t matter much at this point.

This is the code I use to turn my heater on with the RM Pro and RM Mini:

Pro  - JgBIAAABK5IVEBQ2FBEUERUQFhATERU2FBAVNhQ1FREUERU1FDYUEhUREzYTEhUQEzcUERQSEzYUNRUSEzcUNRUREzYUNxMRFQANBQ==
Mini - JgBIAAABK5ITExI4EhMSExITExMSExI4ExISOBQ3EhMSExI4EzgTEhITEjgTEhMTEjgTEhITEjgTOBMSEjgTOBMSEjgSOBMSEwANBQ==

They’re different but they both turn the same heater on and were learnt from the same remote.

Alright then they’re different. :slight_smile: Any suggestions as to why my Pro+ does not listen/react to HA?

Are you able to call the broadlink.learn service? I’ve seen some people need to specify the type in configuration.yaml, which in your case I guess would be rm2_pro_plus or one of the other variants.

I thought your device was a pro plus?

Edit: I see that the new one is later in your config.

Logs are needed.

If you have a windows PC available then the Broadlink Manager is normally the easiest way to capture codes:

1 Like

Honestly, I dont think I have any computer with windows on at the moment :rofl: I’ll have to borrow one… Sorry for my slow responses, I’m not at home as much as I’d like.

1 Like

So uh… After ignoring this for almost a month I tried again. I did update HA so it might be that something was fixed? Now it just works. No problems what so ever. Solved, I guess? :stuck_out_tongue: