Broadlink RM Pro + Livolo Switches + RF learning woes

I have successfully made the scene setup.
Each scene can make ON or OFF as many gangs you want…

You can choose between controlling just one gang by a scene button or force many gangs to a defined status ON or OFF.

Just make sure you config each gang individually by repeating the process for each one

Changing the focus just a little…

I got a Google Home Mini device and it is AWESOME…because it can control RM-PRO by connecting to the new APP called IHC (from Broadlink). But…

…the new app can not import switches from E-Control, so we must teach new virtual switches on IHC using something else!!!

I would use another RM-PRO to teach commands created from tyjtyj website, but my other RM-PRO is not working with those codes…

So, how should I teach the RM-PRO the codes from tyjtyj?

@tyjtyj, do you have some arduino sketch to send the codes?
Do I need another RM-PRO?

tks

I didn’t use google home mini, also I didn’t use IHC App. I heard that the app support only tv on/off. So most of the rf or ir command are from e-control. then export to ha and make as switches.

You can learn command from 1st broadlink device then get the code from the 1st one put in the 2nd broadlink device as switches again. You don’t need the 2nd broadlink to learn the command.

I use alexa and siri (homekit from apple) which support more devices from HA.

{“packet”: [
“soAmABMGBgYGBgYMDAwGBgYGDAwMBgYMBgYGBgYGDAwMDAYGBgYGBgAAAAA=”
]}

I dont use ihc as well. Link ur google home to home assistant and everything just work.

I dun have Ardiuno

Can You explain step by step for scene mode all on and all off for many gangs.

What is Mang gang?

currently, I can use only 1scene mode either all on or all off. while trying to learn the all on or all off from scn1 or scn2 when press send command if there is already all on in the memory of the switch it will 2 beeps (unlearn) not one beep.

I can turn on/off individual. but try to turn all on and all off from scence mode.

Hope you understand my english

A scene in livolo switches does not require that all switches need to be ON, or all OFF. Whenever you send a SCENE command from your remote (or from RMPRO) all switches synchronized to that SCENE will turn ON or OFF depending on the state they were when you had them learn the code. So if you have let’s say 3 switches and you want to turn all of them ON with one SCENE button here’s how to do it:

• Go to the first switch,

• Hold the switch for 5 seconds till you hear the beep

• Send the SCENE1 code

• You should hear the beep that the code is learned.

• Go to the second switch,

• Repeat the steps you did for the first switch

• Go to the third switch

• Repeat the steps you did for the first switch.

• Now, go again to the first switch

• Hold the switch for 5 seconds till you hear the beep

• Turn the switch off

• Send the SCENE2 code

• You should hear a beep when the code is learned

• Repeat the same process for the second and third switch.

Now when you send the SCENE1 code, all three switches will turn ON. When you send the SCENE2 code, all three switches will turn OFF.

Livolo switches can learn multiple codes from multiple remotes at the same time. There is a limit to the number, but I don’t remember how many.

Note that you can set different states for the switches in a SCENE. For example, you can set 3 switches to turn on, and 5 switches to turn off using SCENE1.

2 Likes

I see that you changed the page to have Scene buttons for On/Off, but you removed the Remote’s All Off button from the drop down menu, which is also very useful. Could you add it again?

Added all off back. I removed it by mistake. Thank for highlighting

No, you did not understand… I don’t have a physical remote control to teach any Broadlink… I just have the tyjtyj website. There is no way to put those codes into IHC, unless you teach it from a remote or from another RM-Pro sending tyjtyj codes…

IHC supports all RF and IR commands. Mine does… The app is better than e-control. I have both…
I have a RF controlled switch connected to my kitchen lights and can control it by voice through Google Home…

This is how I did it:

1. Choose a working remote ID.

2. Make every gang (every button from all switches one by one) learn a button 10 code. They can have multiple remote buttons assigned, so you keep old remote codes assigned. Every switch will respond to the same button 10. I really don’t know if this step is necessary, but I did it…

3. Put the hole switch in learning mode by holding one button. As soon it enter in learning mode start pushing all buttons to the status you want on that scene. If a gang is already on the status you want, press twice to change and take it back to the status you want. It is common when entering learning mode one lamp becomes ON, so if you want that lamp ON, change it to OFF and ON again. If you want it OFF, just change to OFF. Resuming, all buttons you want to answer the scene button must be pressed to inform the switch. After all lamps are with the wanted status, send the scene command.

4. you can do the same with others switches

1 Like

That would be awesome! But as far I know It is not implemented yet!!!
How can I do that?

Thank you for such a big helping hand. I will try this evening.

I have learn the scene only for OFF command. I try to learn the scene ON but when I press the button to learning mode, make the switch to the ON status to learn before press the command. Then I press the command the switch instead of having 1 beep sound to remember the command. It beep 2 times mean unlearn all the command that have been learned.

Try this

1 Like

aMusic step works for me.

1. Put into learning mode. Touch to on(if already on, off it and on again) . Send the scn1 code. Hear single beep
  2. Put into learning mode. Touch to off(if already off, on it and off again) . Send the scn2 code. Hear single beep

@Sunonline, what livolo switch do you hv?

1 Like

1 gang, 2 gang and 3 gang switch.

the 2 and 3 gang switch are two ways switch.

So I actually, want to learn scene all on and all of for 1 gang and 2 gang switch only.

Other rf switches I have is broadlink. they all work great.

aMusic mentioned 2 scene mode dont work with 2 way switch.

As below
One thing I found out though is that two-way and three-way switches do not like being part of more than just one scene. If you assign a two/three-way switch in a scene, and then assign it also on another scene, the previous scene gets deleted from the switch.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. That is why I keep getting only one scene either all on or all off.