BroadLink RM Pro stopped working

I have a BroadLink RM Pro all set up correctly & was working fine for about 1 month.
I have it controlling a roller blind, tv & Sky.
Through no related reason, it has stopped controlling the blind, the tv & Sky still work fine.
I have tried just the learn again function & when it says test the button it works but then it won’t work after that.
I have since deleted the app, completely reset the device & set it up again, tried different ‘remotes’, curtain, door, light bulb etc but it is still the same, it works once & then no more.
Has anyone else experienced this & is there a fix?
I have tried the IHC for EU, BroadLink & e-control apps, all with the same result.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
R

1 Like

I have the same problem. Mine worked perfectly and then stopped.

In my case 0.108 broke Broadlink, so rolling back to 0.107.7 helped, but I believe your initial post was made before 0.108, so probably not the problem you were having.

Same here, was working fine for my rollerblind and now stoped working

Same here. I have 3 broadlink remote units. 2 RM Minis and 1 Universal Remote.
Everything was working perfectly.
I have just upgraded to hassos 3.13 and HA 0.108.6 and that was the end of that.
Of the 2 remotes, the one mini (3rd in line) is still working. The other 2 have just reverted to unavailable.
If I fire up the e-Control app, it finds all 3 and they work. My router also confirms they are active on my network.
Any ideas experts?

Same thing here. Anyone got this working again?

HI guys,
the same here, and I opened up a separate post on this.
No replies yet.
additional information:

1. the device is visible in the router as connected
  2. I can’t ping it
  3. although ping doesn’t send an answer it says no packages lost

So I am lost here.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Cheers

Hmmmm… Sounds like a dead end here.

Maybe one needs to post an issue?
Would this be a core issue, I assume?
Cheers
Dietger

Hi all,
I have, in a way, found a solution for my device in my environment.
I am using a fritz.box router.
The device RM PRO Plus wasn’t found but the other 2 worked well (see above).
After a lot of searching, finding nothing specifically related to my issues, I decided to go ahead and disconnected my 2 working devices.
I checked the internal fixed IP address of my RM Pro Plus in the router and got: xxx.xxx.xxx.x23
Then I found the tool broadlink manager and started it.
Broadlink manager found the device RM Pro Plus, MAC address the one as shown in the router.
However the IP address was a completely different one. xxx.xxx.xxx.25 that’s it.
Went into hassio, started the flow integration using the UI and …
the correct device was found, installed and is working ever since (2days now).
My feeble network knowleadge doesn’t allow to find a solution why the IP address is in reality a different one than the one the broadlink manager finds.
But in a way: who cares (;-))

I hope this is helpful to you.
Good luck and report back.
Dietger

Has anyone ever found out why the broadlink rm pro just stops working?

I have exactly the same issue as Rob since a couple of days.

I have a BroadLink RM Pro all set up correctly & was working fine for about 10 months.
I have it controlling a roller blind, tv & Sky.
Through no related reason, it has stopped controlling the blind, the tv & Sky still work fine.
I have tried just the learn again function & when it says test the button it works but then it won’t work after that.
I have since deleted the app, completely reset the device & set it up again, tried different ‘remotes’, curtain, door, light bulb etc but it is still the same, it works once & then no more.
Has anyone else experienced this & is there a fix?
I have tried the IHC for EU, BroadLink & e-control apps, all with the same result.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

What a POS this RMPro seems to be. At least mine.

I’m also experiencing issues starting at/around the same version. I will usually lose my connection to the RMPro if I restart HA. I’ve found that if I restart a number of times it will eventually find it again, and it will work fine until the next time I restart. I haven’t been able to determine if there’s any pattern or procedure to getting it to find/recognize the rmpro on restart, it seems to just be random. I did adjust the timeout to 60 seconds before the last restart and it worked, maybe that helped.