Broadlink RM2 temperature * 10

Hi

I often noticed my RM2 temperature at the range of 180 - 220 © :slight_smile:
I am guessing the output is sometimes not calculated right and I am hoping someone can confirm and maybe fix that.

(the same setting sometimes produce regular - normal looking temp which lately is 18-22 where the device is located.

I am working under the assumption the number I see in these cases is multiplied by 10

This is temporary fix:

transbrlink_temp:
   value_template: >-
      {%- if states("sensor.broadlink_sensor_temperature") | float  > 100  -%}
        {{ states("sensor.broadlink_sensor_temperature") | float / 10  }}
      {%- else -%}
        {{ states("sensor.broadlink_sensor_temperature")  }}
      {%- endif %}
   unit_of_measurement: "°C"

No. Mine shows now 52.

And is not 5 in my living room

If you want to debug this. I would suggest adding a print(payload) here.
Then you can see if there is anything suspicious with the values when the values are incorrect. I have never got any incorrect values, so I am not able to solve this without help from others.

I am not saying it’s constantly off by factor of 10…
but I HAVE seen wrong temperature and I believe that’s what’s happening.

If there is any way to get more information out of the unit (without messing with the core code) I would be happy to provide.

I think if you set this output message for debug mode when it’s set in the “log:” component - it would be easy to get a trace from the device…

What do you mean?

I’m sorry, I assume you are connected to the core component dev of the RM2?

Anyway - in the component code it would be nice if the logging mechanism (_LOGGER example below) issued the relevant debug prints such as what you suggested when the following is added to the configuration file (emphasis last line):

logger:
  default: error
logs:
    homeassistant.components.sensor.broadlink_sensor_temperature: debug

https://home-assistant.io/cookbook/python_component_basic_state/