Broadlink RM4 mini - Remote Network

Hi all
I have a Broadlink RM4 Mini, and with the Broadlink integration, I am able to get it added to home assistant.
But I want to use it at a “remote” site.
It’s basically not connected to my local network but rather another internet connection.
I’ve set up port forwarding to the broadlink rm4 mini on the following ports: TCP 80, 8080, 16384, 1812

But I just get the error “Failed to connect”

The IP address used to connect to the broadlink integration is the public IP address of the internet connection where the RM4 mini is situated.

If I monitor the data logs on a mikrotik device handling the port forwarding, the package counter picks up which indicates that traffic is routed correctly.

But still the device can’t connect.

The Home Assistant Instance should be able to get access to the IP address as I have a Sonoff Zigbee Bridge monitoring temperature and humidity at the remote site also with port forwarding and it’s working 100%

I know in the broadlink app you have to “unlock” the device, but it seems like this is only for “local network access”

Hi,

did you ever find a solution for this?

Have the same issue, moved my Home Assistant Installation away to a remote site but would like to send some commands still.

Thanks,
Tobias