Broadlink RM4C mini configuration

like I said before used the apps to connect your broadlink device to your wifi. Then did not put it into cloud. Its straight forward for me just one go. Maybe your wifi have problem.

1 Like

Yes, that is the one I am using.

I don’t like giving up but I am merely doing the same thing and getting the same result each time. I don’t think there is anything wrong with the Wifi.

i remember i got a lot of difficulty connecting too. have you try choosing 2019 model?

what is your router?

TPlink Deco M5 with 5GHz disabled. iPhone is connected to Wifi on 2.4G

I tried the 2019 version…same result. Do I want the AP or Smartsetup (neither works)

I got great difficulty setting up the thing as well, i gave up and saw it on my wifi list… so somehow it got connected. then i return to the app.
1 click +
2 add device
3 add a new device
4 universal remote
5 dont choose anything just wait until it said device found

I guess sometimes paying full price on Amazon is a better path since then I can at least return it. Thanks for your help and patience. I don’t think there is much more to do.

the step where you connect to the RM hotspot and return to the app is the critical part… may be tour router not accept it some how. try reset router and try again… also in aliexpress you can put in a dispute and get refund if it defective

also special characters in password can cause issues on these chinese made device when it passing password over

It is strange that the Router shows the device with its MAC address but does not give it an ip address. Never seen that before. I will reboot the router and try again before I try to return it.

hmmm that got something to do with wpa and wpa2… mine connect to wpa2-personal

I believe this have something to do with the mesh router. Somehow it trying to connect to 5GHz. This happen to Tenda Mesh router which doing the same thing to all IoT devices. Unsure, but if you cant connect to your wifi event using the broadlink apps then most probably the problem is in your router.

1 Like

Yeah most likely router not accepting it. @ihf1 if you see it in the router and mac address try manually assign it an IP?

just found out from above. Update firmware, update app… now can use both HA and and App. Just tested work fine.

is it now working both way? hahahahaha… dont wanna take a risk…

it does, just test it… no need to reset, leave it as is working in HA

open the app…
1 click +
2 add device
3 add a new device
4 universal remote
5 dont choose anything just wait until it said device found (it search the network for existing device, not settings new device. so not affecting existing HA)

disclaimer: blah blah :joy:

@huu Some progress. I tried to connect the RM4C using a different AP (so 2 variables changed, password has no non-alphanumeric chars and different router). I got it to say device successfully added! However, I don’t see it in the Broadlink app (maybe that’s normal?) and I can’t find its IP address. I tried to make some guesses and enter them into the Broadlink Integration but nothing worked.
So, maybe it is “added” but how to verify it is there and connect to it?