Broadlink S1C Alarm Kit Custom Sensor Component

@ywjlost
Yeah there’s been a breaking change in 0.88.0,
The folder structure of the custom_components folder has changed.
Please have a look in the component’s repository, I already made the adjustments.

You can read about the change itself here.

Broadlink has updated the S1C to the S2, i will try your library once that arrives but I fear we might need an update^^

it works from early version, I tested more then 7/8 month ago

1 Like

All working on 0.91.2

1 Like

Hi guys, i have this error with my sensor after update Hassio from 0.90 to 0.91.2

File “/config/custom_components/broadlink_s1c/sensor.py”, line 259, in run current_status = self._hub.get_sensors_status() File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/broadlink/init.py”, line 782, in get_sensors_status response = self.send_packet(0x6a, packet) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/broadlink/init.py”, line 305, in send_packet response = self.cs.recvfrom(2048) socket.timeout: timed out
Please help me…

Hi, I try to work with that but after that I save the change in the configuration I try to run configuration check and it’s never finish it.
there is an option to fix it?

• platform: broadlink_s1c
    ip_address: 10.X.X.X
    mac: XX:XX:XX:XX:XXXX
    timeout: 10
    I put all the files in the plase

That’s a network issue my friend.

1 Like

Can you share the logs please?

Hi I didn’t get the log cause it’s stuck in the configuration check (loading but nothing append)

1 Like

I have this problem sometimes wrong information from this custom components. I have many timeouts

HA 0.91.4

Sat Apr 20 2019 15:05:54 GMT+0200 (CEST)

exception while getting sensors status: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/broadlink_s1c/sensor.py", line 259, in run
    current_status = self._hub.get_sensors_status()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/broadlink/__init__.py", line 782, in get_sensors_status
    response = self.send_packet(0x6a, packet)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/broadlink/__init__.py", line 305, in send_packet
    response = self.cs.recvfrom(2048)
socket.timeout: timed out

After upgrade so many timeouts Maybe something strange i’m not the only who have this problem, can you check if there is a solution ?

Hi, I have a problem when I uploaded de 0.92.0 version, I dont understand where is the problem, in de old version 0.91.4, the s1c sensor the run was ok. :frowning:

Make an __init__.py in your /config/custom_components/broadlink_s1c/ folder, if it doesn’t exist.
And create a manifest.json file with the following content:

{
  "domain": "broadlink_s1c",
  "name": "Broadlink S1C",
  "documentation": "https://github.com/TomerFi/home-assistant-custom-components/tree/master/broadlink_s1c",
  "dependencies": [],
  "codeowners": [],
  "requirements": []
}

I have the .ini file and I make the manifest.json file with the same text that it explains, and the problem is the same, I do not know where the problem is.
I do not know what I failed. I’m not a programmer, and I ask for patience, I’m sorry.

No problem. Did you check the logs?

I check the log and it just says:

2019-04-26 23:29:53 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio] Integration broadlink_s1c not found when trying to verify its sensor platform.

My configuration.yaml

#S1C broadlink

• platform: broadlink_s1c
    ip_address: 192.168.1.133
    mac: ‘34:ea:34:xx:xx:xx’
    timeout: 10

Thank you for your time :wink:

I had that error, but after adding the empty file __init__.py and manifest.json in the folder custom_components/{your_platform} with content like this:

{
  "domain": "your_domain_name",
  "name": "Your Integration",
  "documentation": "https://www.example.com",
  "dependencies": [],
  "codeowners": [],
  "requirements": []
}

The component worked again.

1 Like

Now it’s OK!!!
I had the manifest.json in the custom_components folder, I have change in bloadlink_s1c folder and now is running perfectly…

Thanks for your attention.

Best regards :wink:

Since I’ve HA version 0.88 and before to upgrade to last HA 0.95, I ask you if someone has updated its HA to 0.95 and this very nice component works.

Thanks

I’ve upgraded to 0.95.4, everything seems to be working the same.

1 Like

I have sometimes this custom components not working perfect, sometimes give wrong information on status of sensor, I have 5 s2c hub and 1 s1c with lot of sensor, but sometimes I have a timeout warning and a sensor or 2 give wrong status.

exception while getting sensors status: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/broadlink_s1c/sensor.py", line 259, in run
    current_status = self._hub.get_sensors_status()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/broadlink/__init__.py", line 809, in get_sensors_status
    response = self.send_packet(0x6a, packet)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/broadlink/__init__.py", line 298, in send_packet
    response = self.cs.recvfrom(2048)
socket.timeout: timed out

what can I do to minimize the timed out ?
I need to restart HA and all came back to normality. Could be implemented a guard option that restart only the custom component if timed out?