Broken Automation after Updating to 0.103.0

After updating to 0.103.0 and changing my automations to use the new lifx integration as described in the Breaking Changes, I’m now getting an error when manually triggering said automation.

Here is the automation:

- id: 'DailyLightReset'
  alias: Reset Lights in the Morning
  trigger:
  - platform: time
    at: '04:00:00'
  action:
  - service: lifx.set_state
    data:
      entity_id: all
      kelvin: 9000
      brightness: 255

Here is the error:

Error while executing automation automation.reset_lights_in_the_morning. Unknown error for call_service at pos 1:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/__init__.py", line 443, in action
    await script_obj.async_run(variables, context)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 190, in async_run
    await self._handle_action(action, variables, context)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 273, in _handle_action
    await self._actions[_determine_action(action)](action, variables, context)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 355, in _async_call_service
    context=context,
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 97, in async_call_from_config
    domain, service_name, service_data, blocking=blocking, context=context
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1235, in async_call
    await asyncio.shield(self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1260, in _execute_service
    await handler.func(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/lifx/light.py", line 294, in service_handler
    for light in await self.async_service_to_entities(service):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/lifx/light.py", line 372, in async_service_to_entities
    entity_ids = await async_extract_entity_ids(self.hass, service)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 134, in async_extract_entity_ids
    entity_ids = hass.components.group.expand_entity_ids(entity_ids)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/group/__init__.py", line 141, in expand_entity_ids
    domain, _ = ha.split_entity_id(entity_id)
ValueError: not enough values to unpack (expected 2, got 1)

Any ideas?

I changed the entity_id to “group.all_lights” instead of “all” and now it works…

Why wouldn’t “all” work though?

According to this, https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/29178 what you had originally was correct. An issue has been raised:

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/29871

Maybe point out in the issue that it is not the lifx service but the “all” that is the problem (citing your findings) to help speed a resolution.

Thank you… I’ve commented over there!

1 Like

This should now work in 0.103.2.

1 Like

confirmed working in 0.103.2. Thank you!!