Broken lights group "helper" - Red circle with exclamation mark

I have several Light Group helpers in my Home Assistant installation and they all work - well, all but one.

For one I see this when I go to the “Helpers” page:

And the worst part: I don’t know how to get rid of it. When I click on it I go directly to the “Options” window where I can selet the members:

… but there is no “delete” option.

For all other light groups I would go to the color picker window, and if I click the “cogs” symbol I can delete the entity. Not for this one, though.

It doesn’t have an entity ID and I can’t find it anywhere else. It’s not coming from my YAML files and it doesn’t appear under my entities.

I’m running out if ideas where to look.

Any ideas?

What happens if you click the X next to 2 of the members leaving only one member that definitely works. And then hit update?

Also what does the dev tools states page show for this light group?

The list just updates. I tested by saved the group with just one light, or even without any members. It gets saved without problems. Just the behavior doesn’t change.

And regarding the development tools I don’t know how to interact with this light group as it doesn’t have an entity id - or at least not one that it tells me. It does not appear under “States”.

(And yes, I tried restarting Home Assistant).

I have the same issue. Have you found a way to solve it?

No, I still have not solved the mystery.

Have the same problem with a “switch_as_x”. I’ve also removed all the reference to what I believe would be that “switch_ax_x” in the “core.entity_registry” and restarted and it’s still there.

In .storage directory there a single files for helper types, e.g. input_boolean, input_text and so on. Is ther a file that refers to switch as x?

There does not appear to be such a file for groups, but I could find my lights group in the “core.config_entries” JSON file.

When I edit the entry in there my change is overwritten on the next restart, though.

I’ve refered to switch as x.
Light groups are in core.entity_registry .