Browse Media button for Spotify

I would like to map tap_action on my Mini Media Player to the Browse Media functionality which you normally see on the More Info pop-up:

I was able to easily create a script that works when I run from Scripts:

alias: Browse media
sequence:
  - service: media_player.play_media
    target:
      entity_id: media_player.spotify_bj78750spotify
    data:
      media_content_id: ""
      media_content_type: ""
    metadata: {}
mode: single

But I can’t get it to work, after multiple attempts using slightly different approaches, such as:

tap_action:
  action: call-service
  service: script.browse_media
  service_data:
    entity_id: media_player.spotifyUser

Help? Thank you!

Did you get this to work? I tried your sample script, but it wouldn’t run for me. It gives me this error:

Failed to call service script/<script id>. Entity media_player.spotify_<my account> does not support this service.

Not yet. Still looking for help with this.

@atx512 @gmsiegel
Sorry I am late to the party on this, but if you are still interested in a Mini Media Player Browse Media button for Spotify content read on …

I use Mini Media Player for my SpotifyPlus integration. Check out the UI Dashboards wiki page for an example of how to add a browse media button to the Mini Media Player, what it looks like, requirements, etc. Note the browser_mod 2 requirement.

You should be able to tweak that for the standard Spotify integration, or feel free to upgrade to my SpotifyPlus integration - it does everything the standard Spotify integration does and much more.

Hope it helps!

I’m trying your code but get this error when I click any of those buttons:
(I have the mini media player and browser mod stuff installed)

Player does not support browsing media

@gmsiegel Are you trying this with the SpotifyPlus integration? Or just using the built-in Spotify integration?

Also, I would need to see your YAML definition.

It’s almost like you are referencing the wrong player somewhere in the YAML maybe?