šŸ”¹ Browser_mod - turn your browser into a controllable device, and a media_player

Donā€™t know. I donā€™t use it. Try it with a standard card with tap_action.

But: Did it work somewhere for you or did you just start and it never worked anywhere?

Just started, never worked anywhere. I did test the call-service on both a laptop with a browser and on the iOS Companion app, though, and both worked.

EDIT: I used this method, and the popup works:

type: custom:popup-card
entity: <entity id>
card:
  type:

Perhaps you are being mislead like myself with a lot of the old browser_mod version 1 command formats shown in this thread early on.

Check the syntax in the documentation here GitHub - thomasloven/hass-browser_mod: :small_blue_diamond: A Home Assistant integration to turn your browser into a controllable entity and media player

service_data is no longer correct in the call-service action.

The popup documentation is here: hass-browser_mod/popups.md at master Ā· thomasloven/hass-browser_mod Ā· GitHub

browser_id is documented here hass-browser_mod/services.md at master Ā· thomasloven/hass-browser_mod Ā· GitHub

Hereā€™s a working snippet I used a few days ago as my first browser_mod popup card

hold_action:
      action: fire-dom-event
      browser_mod:
        service: browser_mod.popup
        data:
          title: YouTube Music
          browser_id: THIS
          content:
            type: custom:mini-media-player
            entity: media_player.pat_avc_youtube
            artwork: full-cover
            source: full
            name: YouTube Music

Thatā€™s a good thought, but using the data key in place of service_data was one of the things I tried after many failed attempts. I may revisit it at some point, but itā€™s working well for me now with custom:popup-card as the card type. Iā€™m interested to know why thatā€™s not the preferred method, though.

Any thoughts on this? No way to disable the media player in version 2?

You can disable the entity in HA standard.

Yeaā€¦I know, but was trying to avoid any manual work for each tablet device. Additionally, I hate seeing things like media_player.living_tablet2. LOL. Not sure why a useful configuration feature would be removed.

Yes, I know and understand. Iā€™m still on old version as well, because of the regression, that a more-info click on/in a popup is closing the popup now.

Has anyone noticed with 2023.6.0 the browser mod popup title font size is significantly smaller than before? Any ideas how to fix that with cardmod or styling in browser mod? I couldnā€™t find a style on the browser mod docs for the pop-up title font size.

Same here since 2023.6.x (also .1)

Same here since 2023.6.x, any one has fix already?

And since the update from march, it seems that some card mod styles in the theme file are not applied right away.
only after page refresh.

Regarding font size in popups: just noticed that 2023.6.1 has solved it on my desktop (W10 & latest FF) but not on chromium (raspbian) & companion app on Android.

The update to 2023.6.1 did not fixed mine, in both FF and Chrome.

I also have this problem after the 2023.3.x update:

in my theme file, i have the following style rule:

card-mod-view-yaml: |  
  grid-layout$hui-vertical-stack-card$: |
     #root {
        top: 0px;
        left: 0px;
        margin-top: -5px;
        padding-left: 30px;
        background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
        border-radius: 0;
        border-right: 0.1vw solid rgba(58, 69, 73, 0.2);
        min-height: 100vh;
      }

This was working fine before the 2023.3.x update, but after. it looks like this:

instead like this:

Only after switching between views it looks right.

Does someone knows why this is happening?

The strange thing is: it didnā€™t change immediately and because I started doubting, I restored 2023.6.0 to be sure.

There is a new version of browser_mod that seem to fix an issue with sidebar titles.

Itā€™s fine after restart, when you do page refresh. the titles are small again.
And with the other issue, Iā€™m running latest of browser and card mod

Hi,

Currently I have button which when pressed takes me to a dashboard page. Is there a way to open that dashboard in popup?

Kindly guide.

I donā€™t know about a whole dashboard but you can add an array of cards in a popup.

Yesā€¦ that is possible.

But then if I change anything in dashboard then I have to change the popup also. So I was wondering of its possible to open a whole dashboard in popup

Be aware that standard Lovelace buttons donā€™t work anymore in a popup: they donā€™t show up.
Donā€™t know about other cards.

Was wondering about this. Have a TV remote Iā€™ve made using both grids and horizontal/vertical stacks and all button cards inside are missing on popups, doesnā€™t matter what device Iā€™m trying it on. Very annoying.