šŸ”¹ Browser_mod - turn your browser into a controllable device, and a media_player

Have you checked the ā€œautomatically close connectionsā€ setting? I canā€™t remember were that function was but I did have to change that setting on my Ubuntu dashboard running browser mod.

Iā€™ve always just used this to get the popups, when 2.0 came I just started using conditional cards more. Now I want them again so I installed it and got popups working except now I canā€™t get my default dashboard to stick. On mobile companion app it always opens the overview dash. Can I fix this?

Hello, i read several messages in several topics but didā€™t find how to add a cistom background (a picture) in in popup window created with browser-mod.
Everything i tried didnā€™t wokred.
Can someone help me, please ?

Excelent topic! Did manage based on the information here to get my camera view called from Node red. The only issue I still have, I need to decrease the top space so that the card completelly fits into the display, itā€™s really about 5px max.

I have found a recomandation to use top:0px in the styles, but somehow is not working, maybe I did place the styles at the wrong position in the code. Could somebody be so kind and help me out?

Thanks,

{
    "title": "Eingang Camera",
    "content": {
        "show_state": false,
        "show_name": false,
        "camera_view": "auto",
        "type": "picture-entity",
        "entity": "camera.eingangcam_high"
    },
    "size": "wide",
    "timeout": "60000",
    "right_button": "TĆ¼r ƶffnen",
    "right_button_action": {
        "action": "call-service",
        "service": "switch.toggle",
        "data": {
            "entity_id": "switch.numpad_tueroeffner"
        }
    },
    "left_button": "Klingel Stummschalten fĆ¼r 10 Min.",
    "left_button_action": {
        "service": "input_button.press",
            "entity_id": "input_button.stummschalter10min"
        }
    },
    "style": {
        "top": "0px"
    },
    "deviceID": [
        "all"
    ]
}

Browser_mod is really amazing! Is giving HA that missing flavour!

One more questions, especially to the users with more dashboard devices. If you show a pop-up on all devices, and you dismiss it on one device, how do close the pop-up on the other devices too?

I was trying to call the close_popup at the press of the right button. But for some reason is not working.

"right_button": "Briefkasten entleert!",
    "right_button_action": {
        "service": "browser_mod.close_popup",
            "deviceID": [
                "all"
            ]
        }
    },

Stragenly, if I call directlly the service within another node it will work (same syntax ) and close the pop-up on all devices.

For now as workaround, is working fine. But Iā€™m curious, what did I mess up in the ā€œright butonā€ code.

After updating the home assistant, a warning appeared.

Entity None (<class ā€˜custom_components.browser_mod.media_player.BrowserModPlayerā€™>) is using deprecated supported features values which will be removed in HA Core 2025.1. Instead it should use <MediaPlayerEntityFeature.PAUSE|SEEK|VOLUME_SET|VOLUME_MUTE|TURN_ON|TURN_OFF|PLAY_MEDIA|STOP|PLAY|BROWSE_MEDIA: 152463>, please report it to the author of the ā€˜browser_modā€™ custom integration and reference Deprecating all magic numbers for supported features | Home Assistant Developer Docs

I have made a browser_mod popup with a few custom buttons as a menu.

Here is a part of the button code.

type: custom:button-card
    tap_action:
      action: call-service
      service: script.close_popup_menu
    styles:
      card:
        - with: 200px
        - border: none
        - border-top: 1px solid rgba(255,255,255,0.5)
      grid:
        - grid-template-areas: '"icon label"' 
        - grid-template-columns: 25px 1fr
        - grid-template-rows: 1fr
        - grid-column-gap: 10px
      custom_fields:
        icon:
          - padding-bottom: 2px
        label:
          - color: rgb(255,255,255)
          - justify-self: start
          - font-weigth: normal
          - text-transform: uppercase
          - vertical-align: middle
          - background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5)
    custom_fields:
      icon: >
        [[[ 
          return '<ha-icon icon="mdi:[[icon]]"></ha-icon>'
        ]]] 
      label: '[[label]]'

The tap_action from the button is calling a script

alias: Navigate and close the popup menu
sequence:
  - alias: navigate
    service: browser_mod.navigate
    data:
      path: /lovelace-22/4
  - alias: close popup    
    service: browser_mod.close_popup
    data: {}

I know the script tag and name are missing because I use a split config.
so the script name is the filename. And the script registers to HA, it can be seen from the script page.

The navigation is not working and the popup is also not closing, the script gets triggered.
What am I overlooking here?

I have two tablets Amazon Fire HD 10 (gen 8)
they are updated and they are running the same version of FKB.

The problem Iā€™m having the last month is that the camera sensor on the 1st tablet has stopped working.
It worked for years without problems.

Now instead it shows white color

I have checked camera to see if it does work and it works!
I have rebooted tablet without luck

I have confirmed that both tablets are running the same version of FKB and the same version of Fire Os.

I have confirmed that I am running the latest version of browser mod and I tried to downgrade without luck

I uninstalled the device and I tried to install it again without luck
I looked at the logs and and donā€™t see anything in particular.

Has anyone face the same problem?? If it didnā€™t work from the first place I wouldnā€™t mind but it worked for years. Why has it stopped working but at the other tablet it works properly ??? Pretty strange donā€™t you think?

To double check itā€™s not a hardware issue, you could try adding the camera as a Generic Camera instead of through Browser mod (which I think the developer used to recommend in any case).

All you need is the Still Image URL, which is something like:

http://<your-fkb-tablet-ip-address>?cmd=getCamshot&password=<your-fkb-admin-password>

Man you are a star!! It works!
For this to work you must enable camera camshot under Remote settings.
(please note that this also requires motion detection)

1 Like

Iā€™d forgotten that part! Glad you were able to work it out, and apologies for only giving you half the needed Information.

Hello, I want to automate something so that when the wifi of y phone is turned off, I have a popup coming with soe text ā€¦ somethign simple.

I succeed to configure mod_browser, and have set it up to popup on my Edge browser :

ā€¦ then for some reason when automating, nothing pops up the screen ā€¦
Anything I should be looking at ?

- id: '1706109362281'
  alias: Popup camera
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - type: turned_off
    platform: device
    device_id: 78384ed7e417960e820ab66fa4e1b32c
    entity_id: e70eb1d348cb0882e1c6b3918bfb673b
    domain: binary_sensor
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: browser_mod.popup
    data:
      title: This is title
      content: The wifi has been switched off
      timeout: 3000
    target:
      device_id: 93f3db4cd320181bd5949fe5b82ecf8e
  mode: single

this is my automation UI :

P.S. I also see this where it states ā€œswitched offā€ but the toggle below is on - what is this ?

Many Thanks !

How can I poll data from the battery entity at more regular intervals?
I can see that if I do not interact with the tabletā€™s browser this entity never reloads.

I am using a Samsung GT-5220 model, which cannot install companion app, so I read data from chrome.

Hi, i see there is an refresh service:

service: browser_mod.refresh

But seems i need to specify a browserā€¦
It it also possible to refresh all browser/clients, without they are being registered?
Or do they need to be registsred? is there also something like, refresh targets ALL ?

service: browser_mod.refresh
data: {}
target:
  device_id: ALL BROWSERS 

UPDATE: THIS DOES WORK AS IS

Iā€™m using browser_mod.navigate to change pages on wall tablets in response to events. Show the front door camera on motion, etc. Iā€™m trying to figure out a way to return the tablet to the previous page when a camera view or whatever times out. Iā€™m storing the current page URL in a text helper before changing pages. I was hoping to pass the value back to browser_mod.navigate and sent the tablet back to whatever page it was on. It appears however that I canā€™t template the ā€œpath:ā€ field. Are templates not supported there? If that is true, how else can I accomplish this? Current code below. The template evaluates properly according to developer tools.

service: browser_mod.navigate
data:
  path: "{{ states('input_text.kitchentabletpreviouspage') }}"
target:
  device_id: ee11625f7192748183e5c6195f082f78

UPDATE: Not sure what was going on earlier, but Iā€™ve tested this further and it does indeed work as expected, with the code above.

The browser must be registered with browser_mod for ANY browser mod service to affect it. With that said, if you donā€™t specify a target or browser ID in a browser_mod service call, then the browser_mod service call will target all registered browsers by default.

1 Like

Thnx , gonna try that out laterā€¦ What I also notice, the browser mod on side panel, when I open it, it shows a blank pageā€¦ Seems a common issue, and you need to refresh that page that page to make it workā€¦ But how Todo it on companion app? You canā€™t do a hard fresh like on chrome With Ctrl + F5 ?

Clearing cache doesnā€™t work either

Hello guys. Iā€™ve got some strange problem, just few days ago it working. Have a doorbel reolink, and automatisation for visitros.

so, full code

alias: test door visitor
description: ""
trigger:
  - type: turned_on
    platform: device
    device_id: b5c71e2f9d620f04e4e90b1cbbdc31fa
    entity_id: bac0b30acba08821fd99491a04763fea
    domain: binary_sensor
condition: []
action:
  - service: browser_mod.popup
    data:
      dismissable: true
      autoclose: false
      title: Visitor
      size: fullscreen
      timeout: 20000
      browser_id:
        - MacOS
        - Realme
      content:
        type: iframe
        entity: camera.door_fluent
  - service: notify.mobile_app_realme
    data:
mode: single

So i have call a service: browsemode: popup

dismissable: true
autoclose: false
title: Visitor
timeout: 20000
browser_id:
  - MacOS
  - Realme
content:
  type: iframe
  entity: camera.dvver

AND NOW, few days ago its work perfect, from today Iā€™ve got this on popup window (frame)

URL required

type: iframe entity: camera.door_fluent

Have any ideas?

1 Like

Can I use browser-mod popup in a loop in a markdown card? Iā€™m looping through a json set and showing information. I would like a link (a href) inside the loop where the user can click the link which opens a popup to show more info concerning that item. So The id of the looped item should somehow be passed to the popup and the popup itself should be called by a link click (a href or anything else) in the loop.

Hope my question is clear.

Hello there, I am looking for the way to be able to play a local mp3 (located in ā€œwwwā€ in HA) via browser_mod, but canā€™t fid anything related to that.

I currently have this code allowing to display the camera front door on my tablet ā€¦ I would like to play a sound as well (this is basically a front doorbell ā€¦ :

- type: custom:mushroom-chips-card
        chips:
          - type: entity
            entity: camera.192_168_1_110
            tap_action:
              action: call-service
              service: browser_mod.popup
              data:
                title: Opening VTO2000
                content:
                  camera_view: live
                  type: picture-glance
                  entities: []
                  camera_image: camera.192_168_1_110
                timeout: 60000
                browser_id:
                  - Lenovo-tablette
            name: VTO2000
            use_entity_picture: true
            content_info: name

Woudl you have any code / example on how I can play a local sound together with opening the window with the picture ?

Many thanks !!